MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Maschine MK3.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author Maschine MK3.
boboter
So, a quick search came up with no results on the new model. Am I the only one excited for the MK3 version?

I think it looks really great. With the new screens, the need to use the mouse should be minimal. And the audio interface makes it a truely portable workstation.

I've been flirting with a MPC Live but the Maschine just looks so much more thought out that. Even if one is standalone and the other needs a computer.

Can't wait to try it out.

BTW:
Does this belong in the software of hardware subforum?
rayultine
I hate my Maschine. Crappy software and workflows on a beautiful box is lipstick on a pig. If the v3 software doesn't satisfy me, it will be out the door assap!
Loopop
boboter wrote:
So, a quick search came up with no results on the new model. Am I the only one excited for the MK3 version?

I think it looks really great. With the new screens, the need to use the mouse should be minimal. And the audio interface makes it a truely portable workstation.

I've been flirting with a MPC Live but the Maschine just looks so much more thought out that. Even if one is standalone and the other needs a computer.

Can't wait to try it out.

BTW:
Does this belong in the software of hardware subforum?

It’s a TON of fun
Pase
boboter wrote:
I think it looks really great. With the new screens, the need to use the mouse should be minimal. And the audio interface makes it a truely portable workstation

Yeah, I’m interested too.
Normally I hate computers for music making, but this Maschine is intriguing.
I’m into beatmaking recently and this seem to fit the bill.
I got a crappy 9 years (9!) old laptop semi fried with Windows 7 though...
...Ah if I could run the software on an iPad!
RhythmDroid
I bought Maschine MKI when it first came out, I'm an all hardware guy otherwise. I actually really really like the patterns and grooves that I created on it - lots of dynamics and feel, crystal clear sound engine.

Taking the time to force yourself to use the physical interface instead of looking at the screen was worth it, as it can speed up workflow.

Arranging patterns into finished songs, though, never happened. Nadda once. Supposedly things have improved in that department, though, arrangement-wise. I'm still skeptical. I think there is some way to integrate it with your DAW by using MIDI note messages to trigger "Scenes" in the Maschine VST.
colossal
Maschine is great for live jamming and pattern making. Its a total PITA for song construction, I have tried and would never bother again. I wonder what V3 software will hold.

BTW can anyone tell me whats going on here with Quantise and muting ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv33SXKUfJM&feature=youtu.be

"When I put Maschine in play/rec quantise my pad hits are muted on every other bar. I can't see any overlapping notes or any reason why this is happening, anyone got any ideas? Everything is fine when quantise is turned off."
Swann
Picked up the mk3, I'm enjoying it quite a bit and it's going to do what I need which is an ultra flexible sampling/beatbox.

pro's: Pad sensitivity is excellent, sound quality is excellent, very good sampling, tons of presets and fast bank loading, tons of tactile control. Sweet displays. The smart strip works quite well(I hate ribbon strips, never worked well for me)

con's: getting around feels messy, I agree on the software, really awkward to use and even get my first loops going on it. That stuff should be totally mindless, yet somehow NI managed to F it up. They could probably start with normal DAW type transport functionality lol.

Really light build feels like I'm beating the crap out of it. Just a psychological thing coming from using an MPC 2500.
exper
Can anyone tell me if the audio interface can monitor inputs live?
boboter
exper wrote:
Can anyone tell me if the audio interface can monitor inputs live?

Yes, it can. thumbs up
tappazee
just picked one up. i'm finding it's good for quick sampling, slicing, re-pitching and playing my eurorack. geist is still my fave drum machine, even though it's buggy as hell, but then the machine makes a great controller for geist too.
the silent way sync plug seem to work better in maschine than logic too.
faun2500
hardware is great though the software needs work!
tappazee
faun2500 wrote:
hardware is great though the software needs work!

Yeah man agreed. It’s getting close on the software tho so fingers crossed it keeps inproving
Mattvk
I have a problem with that ,,smartphone´´ Displays on the newer Maschine and Komplete Kontrol units. I like that from MPC Rennaissance
timc3
Mattvk wrote:
I have a problem with that ,,smartphone´´ Displays on the newer Maschine and Komplete Kontrol units. I like that from MPC Rennaissance

What is the problem? They look good to me.
Hidden_Path
Mattvk wrote:
What is the problem? They look good to me.

Ditto, the new Komplete Kontrol is miles ahead of the MK1 IMO.
bluehotel
I think Fact Mag had a nice comparison between MkIII and Push. Apparently MkIII feels more like a DAW.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 1