MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

PROJEKT ELEKTRONIK SYSTEM
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Author PROJEKT ELEKTRONIK SYSTEM
ed buller
Hi there:

thought you might like these:

Pic1
ed buller

[/img]
mono-poly
Cool.
I had this one.

http://sites.google.com/site/modular/MOogSystemKomplett.JPG
ed buller
another
ed buller
ed buller
ed buller
ed buller
ed buller
ed buller
ed buller
sandyb
ed buller

nice pictures.
it's fine to put more than one picture into a single post smile
drewtoothpaste
Hell yeah I like em, thanks for the post!
ed buller
sandyb wrote:
ed buller

nice pictures.
it's fine to put more than one picture into a single post smile

i know...i tried. but could'nt get it to work.

e
Peake
This is the very first time I've ever seen this synth, even though I've been a TD fan since the very late 70's. Thanks!
kindredlost
Joy joy, goodie goodie joy joy! (Stempi imitation)

Thanks for posting these Ed.

I still want to do like Franke or Baumann did and modify my Q960 with those ever-so-clever plastic dot buttons by the set buttons. I used to have a piece of gear (I don't recall what) that had those on it. The thing is you can instantly tell which step is active even without power on and in low light. Beats the snot outta my Q963 Trigger Bus.

-David
kindredlost
BTW, would any of you venerable solder-bugs know where to get these push buttons? I've looked around for a while and haven't bumped into any.

-David
suitandtieguy
Peake wrote:
This is the very first time I've ever seen this synth, even though I've been a TD fan since the very late 70's. Thanks!

it's on the cover of Encore, and you can see it in a couple pictures inside the LP as well. it's the system Baumann was using, and he took with him when he left and used it for his solo albums and the absolutely must-hear Leda album:

i say absolutely must-hear for two reasons: it's an italo-disco record produced by a member of Tangerine dream (as logical as it is rare), and it makes _very_ clear what Peter was doing on Stratosfear and Encore.

btw, i think they let him take it because it wouldn't fit through the doors of a few places they played on the US tour, or because he owned it. i don't know. somehow it wound up with Franke, which is where it is now, in Franke's "chill out" home.

there is a certain comedy in that ... the Berlin School band whose $100,000 custom-built modular was so big they couldn't get it in the venue!

i've got current photos of this thing, i'll get them up in a bit, i need to upload them to my server. btw, the filters have ARP4012 submodules in them. this system and how it was conceived and constructed is, IMHO, one of the strangest, comical, and greatest synthesisers ever built and a testament to what you can do as a successful band who doesn't do coke.

btw Ed, thank you very much. if you have some more experience with this stuff i have some questions about the sequencers.
Just me
They are called "red-eyes". We use them for shunts and panic buttons. I get them from ADI. They are not cheap and they are fragile. (DPDT and convertable from latching to momentary.
suitandtieguy
i should add, too, that this system, specifically its sequencing capabilities, is a primary influence on both the Numerology software and the STG Soundlabs system.
kindredlost
Just me wrote:
They are called "red-eyes". We use them for shunts and panic buttons. I get them from ADI. They are not cheap and they are fragile. (DPDT and convertable from latching to momentary.

Mucho gracias amigo.
suitandtieguy
this is the way it looked a few years ago:

pics of the back and one side:

http://stgsoundlabs.com/projekt_elektronik_photos/back.jpg
http://stgsoundlabs.com/projekt_elektronik_photos/side.jpg

here's one of the filter modules removed for service. fortunately what kind of circuit it is happens to, literally, be written all over the filter core:

this photo belies one of the more humourous aspects of the collaboration with Tangerine Dream.

i really get the impression that TD had this big pile of money sitting on their table and one of them said:

"Gentlemen ... most artists at this point would turn this into a pile of cocaine and bury their face in it, or perhaps take up airplane lessons or sports cars. we're German, after all, so the most logical thing for us to do is take this money and buy a metric fucktonne of highly customised gear that works the way we want gear to work."

"hmm. to do this we will need to locate a team of engineers and technicians to construct this for us. Go get the phonebook."

*someone gets the phonebook*

"okay, so we play analogue synthesisers. let's look up analogue in the phonebook."

"ah ... here we go. Projekt Elektronik. it says here they make analogue test equipment."

"PERFECT! IT WILL BE ACCURATE TOO."

then, magic happened. along the way, some things weren't labelled right.

"ach Scheiße! Decay, _then_ Release!":

btw, you'll notice that is a completely original EG design. i'd venture to guess it's the same PCB as the VCEG, but since we don't have any real data on this stuff i don't know.

i've heard that some of this system was actually built by PE employees while they were on tour of America. as in, TD actually brought them along with them!

this is similar to the way some bands carry a "weed priest" with them, to make sure they always have the best stuff available.

i don't know how much of that is true, but i want to believe, let me put it that way.
snoop
Great stuff! And thanks for the tip on Leda/Peter Bauman. Found the album on soulseek. I`m a sucker for early electronic music. Thanks!
Just me
I like the alternate spelling of manual on the envelopes, also.

Quite the rig. I wonder how long it took to 'master' patching the beastie?
suitandtieguy
Just me wrote:
I wonder how long it took to 'master' patching the beastie?

i don't know how long it took to master, but i can tell you this thing can almost be played without patch cables.

here's a hint: check out the panels stuffed with toggles Guinness ftw!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Page 1 of 7