MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Recommendations for my next row of modules please
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Recommendations for my next row of modules please
mookmoof
What modules would take my system up a level?
I get a lot of utility from my Voyager/Fooger setup (4lfo,4att,mix,offset,4mult,2adsr,midi to cv). RingMod,Delay fx, and reverb all covered. Also have Beatstep Pro.
What else would be good?

Nino
In before "Erbe-Verb". w00t
natureclubcassettes
another voice to go through all them filters?
mookmoof
Yeah, I basically have up to 3 analog vco's I can send mixed from the voyager so I thought it might be redundant to add an analog vco but I am considering it. I also use the filters with an OB Matrix 6. So moog+ob+e350 for wavetable+elements- Do you think another vco is what would do the most for my system? If so which?
bluepyramid
Throw the Verbos Harmonic Oscillator in there.
cptnal
My tuppenceworth, more modulation...

Random (Wogglebug, URA)
More LFOs, etc. (Batumi, Pam's)
More VCAs (Just because)
mookmoof
I thought maybe random. Wogglebug the favorite? What about switches, logic, others?
mookmoof
bump for module recommendations. THANKS
wavejumperr
i honestly don't know how you're not satisfied with this setup. maybe it's sequencing you need, to get you out of this trap of buying more filters.

are you using your daw more than your BSP? in that case, see what software can arpeggiate in irregular patterns.

are you using the BSP most? check out the IME Argos Bleak and then consider what could help out most for switches/routing/etc.
mookmoof
Quote:

i honestly don't know how you're not satisfied with this setup. maybe it's sequencing you need, to get you out of this trap of buying more filters.

are you using your daw more than your BSP? in that case, see what software can arpeggiate in irregular patterns.

are you using the BSP most? check out the IME Argos Bleak and then consider what could help out most for switches/routing/etc.

I'm pretty satisfied. I just want to try new things. I use the DAW mostly for editing/recording and some midi editing too. I am using the BSP a lot- I'll check out the Argos Bleak
MarcelP
mookmoof wrote:
Quote:

I'm pretty satisfied. I just want to try new things. I use the DAW mostly for editing/recording and some midi editing too. I am using the BSP a lot- I'll check out the Argos Bleak

I love trying out new things! And trying out alternative versions of things I already have! And then trying out more of the things I already have - you can't have too many things...

I think your random and logic switch thoughts are right

Personally, looking at your rack - I would expand in the clock divider/shuffler/switches kind of direction - ways to swap around routing of audio and CVs during an otherwise pedestrian sequence. That might be a new thing to do?

Random is nice too - there are many varieties but Wogglebug does have a nice set of features to get you randomly going with a bit of control...

If you simply get more you will be moving in the right direction! hihi
MindMachine
You need much more: Modulation, envelopes, vca's, attenuation, mixing. to handle all of those audio processors. And at least a VCO or VCO/VCLFO.

Dixie I/II/II+ (VCO/VCLFO) or two, Batumi and Intellijel ADSR (also loops as LFOs) or Quadra (also loops as LFO's), Intellijel uVCA II and/or WMD/SSF Amplitude (especially for audio), WMD/SSF Attenuators, Manhattan Analog Mixer or two.
TemplarK
Cwejman RG6
cptnal
eek! Do you run a shop?

MindMachine wrote:
You need much more: Modulation, envelopes, vca's, attenuation, mixing. to handle all of those audio processors. And at least a VCO or VCO/VCLFO.

Dixie I/II/II+ (VCO/VCLFO) or two, Batumi and Intellijel ADSR (also loops as LFOs) or Quadra (also loops as LFO's), Intellijel uVCA II and/or WMD/SSF Amplitude (especially for audio), WMD/SSF Attenuators, Manhattan Analog Mixer or two.
mookmoof
MindMachine wrote:

I just use the VCO's from the Voyager wth my rig but I would like a dedicated analog VCO included in the modular. I always thought the Dixie sounded good. I probably could use another vca; I do usually use LPG for audio so the dual VCA I have is dedicated to voltages. Not sure if you saw the utilities I listed with the moog stuff: 4lfo, 2adsr, mults, 4attenuator/verter, offset, voltage mixer,noise/s&h/lag. You think that paired with maths, envelator, and adsr in the modular covers the basic utilities well enough?

Thanks for the replies!
fjoesz
make noise DPO. expensive but very versatile
or WMD PDO with QAAF and TBVCA if you have some more money laying around Rockin' Banana!

maybe sequencer like voltage block or varigate?
cryptogreen
A complex oscillator is a very different experience to the moog oscillators. The timbral possibilities run far deeper than morphing between the familiar waveforms and invite exploration. Many of the complex oscillators available in eurorack are works of art in their own right.

Also, perhaps check out the ES-8 + iPad combo. I like to run Audulus out to the modular. There are plenty of ways to use this combo and I find it a way of getting all the switching, routing and modulating taken care of in a given patch. A hyper disting, if you will. Of course you can also connect the iPad up to your DAW and use the DAW to send modulation and record multiple tracks simultaneously.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1