MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Schippmann VCF-1 (Ebbe & Fluts filter)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author Schippmann VCF-1 (Ebbe & Fluts filter)
Bobby
Images are up. Keen to hear what people with Ebbe and Fluts experience have to say.

[/img]
Bobby
Resonance modes are interesting.
richc90
Looks interesting, but €800 is alot of money, especially when it's €150 more than the VCF02.
Bobby
Relooking at this now it appears to have 12 different phaser modes?!?! That might be a selling point for me!
Bobby
Also interested in the 2nd harmonic and how it works in phaser mode?
peripatitis
Its nice that this is compact but man this is expensive.
I would only concider second hand tbh, their price policy, sales, repair costs and devaluations of these modules don't help..
With other boutique manufacturers you don't have to worry about this, so much.

Anyway i would like to listen to more demo's. I do like their stuff.
Jaypee
hyper hyper hyper hyper
t0nmontana
Love schippmann, and own most of his modules, but I'll probably skip this one. Real excited for that ring modulator array though...
Bobby
Yeah the ringmod array is the one I was waiting on. This looks a lot more interesting than I thought it was gonna be though already so I could be swayed.
Schippmann
hi there!

the demos, unfortunately, are good for nothing. It's a kind of luck or inner energy when you've created a really powerful demo.

In comparision to the VCF-02 the VCF1E is the more spectaculary filter, because of the much wider tonal range due to its technical structure. The VCF-02, probably, will be always the finest and soundwise most perfect filter and the VCF1E will come very close to it - definetely an absolute warm, ultra-fat (/thin, liquid/harsh,...) filter.

Every Reso-mode will sound differently depending on the selected Filter function. So, actually, there are almost no real common describing attributes for the Reso-modes (I tried). You have to check each Reso-mode with every Filter function. Same is valid for the 2 nd Harm(onic distortion). The Reso-Emph steps could be subtle from step to step and clearly audible on the other hand....

This filter is covering a wide field of applications and need time to be discovered - expensive and cool cool

my best,
Carsten
richc90
Sounds very interesting. 14HP?
Schippmann
richc90 wrote:
Sounds very interesting. 14HP?

richc90
OCD triggered ;-)
Mercutio
I assume gain is post filter ?
Bobby
Hi Carsten, firstly thank you for your work and for sharing some details here. Secondly would it be possible you could share some details on the phaser resonance modes please? Understand if you want to keep it under wraps for now though.

Regards

Bobby
Schippmann
Bobby wrote:
Hi Carsten, firstly thank you for your work and for sharing some details here. Secondly would it be possible you could share some details on the phaser resonance modes please? Understand if you want to keep it under wraps for now though.

Regards

Bobby

Bobby, thanks for your lines. "Phaser" IS the Reso-mode. Then 12 phaser sounding functions are selectable (4stage, 2stage, double notch, single notch, bandpass 6/6 db, asf. as printed on the yellow ring). These are combinations of the typical phaser sound (2 reso frequencies and phase curves) and typical filter functions -> Demo 1: phaser@ min. [8:30 - 12:12]

BTW: This filter allows extremely high Q-factors, means very, very high emphasizes (selectable with "Reso-Emph") of harmonics (or weak signals, generally) before self-oscillation, that a "Gain" knob is needed to avoid hard output clippings.
Bobby
Intesting! Sorry but still on the phaser, will we be able to control the wet/dry amount within the module? (I'm guess ing no looking at it)
Bobby
...also. assuming we can't control the wet/dry amount of the phaser in the module can you confirm if the output is 100 percent wet or a fixed ratio?

As u can see I'm interested! smile
Noha
I would be very surprised if the output was anything other than 100% wet - the module looks to be laid out like a traditional filter.
Schippmann
The filter output always provides the filter(effect) signal, BUT the functions D-N (double notch) and S-N (single notch) are functions similar as mixed dry and wet 50/50 (very deep notch sound even without reso).
Multi Grooves
Man...I'm still umm-ing and arr-ing about this...Has anyone else preordered??
Bobby
Yes (@cymru beats) This module is essential.
Multi Grooves
I cannot help but feel it is an iteration of the vcf-02 but with added phaser and reduced input options... Yet I find myself intrigued by the phaser... I like phasers.
Dogma
2hz at start 440hz at noon and 40k at end on the cutoff? Does that look super weird??
peripatitis
Dogma wrote:
2hz at start 440hz at noon and 40k at end on the cutoff? Does that look super weird??

The vdl/hdl go between 2hz and 42 kHz and the vcf02 between 2hz and 35k, so i'd say for Schippmann its normal smile
But i agree, i'd prefer acessing some of these limits with cv and have a more comfortable range in those encoders...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4