MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Your DC Coupled Audio Device & Your Modular?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author Your DC Coupled Audio Device & Your Modular?
Riggar
Abbreviated subject heading given the no. of letters restriction ...
But in essence - if you've gone down this path ...

- why did you choose this and how did you set it up?

- what key element/function were you trying to achieve - and were you successful?

- did/do you have any oddities/issues; did you solve them?

Asking because I'm toying with going down this route.
My main aim is to create a multi layered 'score' in a DAW and send that to the modular.
In addition, create DAW based CVs to modulate the above.
pivoter
I just used an ES-8 to do this. Doesn't take much space in the rack, looks awesome, and is super handy since everything is routed in your rack.
neonjung
I haven't *yet, but I'm seriously considering it the more I work with modular. Being raised on DAW's and also being a producer who doesn't have so much time on my hands, I feel like getting an ES-8 and being able to sequence and control so much, visually, from within a DAW would be a really productive and efficient way of working. Also really like the idea of being able to send audio I've created with soft synths and samplers straight out into my VCF's, VCA's, Clouds etc etc and then back in again so easily. Kicking myself that I accidentally let a new ES-8 pass me by on eBay for a good 35% less than retail price because I got carried away writing an email and forgot the auction was ending confused
SmokyClap
Ive used modulars before but, ended up selling my systems. recently
got back into euro the first thing i got was the es-3. Eliminated the need for envelopes, random, sequencer, lfo initially. Great investment.

At first all i had was es-3 and dual looping delay and just with that I could send samples, loops, soft synths, etc out the es-3 into DLD, clock dld from daw, modulate several parameters, even process the feedback all simultaneously.
SmokyClap
Sorry double post
pivoter
SmokyClap wrote:
Ive used modulars before but, ended up selling my systems. recently
got back into euro the first thing i got was the es-3. Eliminated the need for envelopes, random, sequencer, lfo initially. Great investment.

At first all i had was es-3 and dual looping delay and just with that I could send samples, loops, soft synths, etc out the es-3 into DLD, clock dld from daw, modulate several parameters, even process the feedback all simultaneously.

I had a similar experience, although i did eventually end up buying VCAs and stuff because it's more convenient. Using reaktor with the ES-8 is a really good way to figure out which module to buy next. I'm still really hybrid as I produce music in a DAW and it's just a part of my workflow.

The ES-8 made it a lot more efficient. I'm not so much the kind of guy that patches a generative patch as a full song. I like to record and then chop it up, resample, etc.
GuyaGuy
- why did you choose this and how did you set it up?

Ability to sequence and use EGs and synced LFOs from the DAW if I want--whether with Euro or Moog. I got a MOTU interface and Silent Way. It's not necessarily my main way of interfacing with CV gear but it's handy if there is something specific I want that it's easier to program than it is to try to handle in hardware.

- what key element/function were you trying to achieve - and were you successful?

Yes, DAW integration and syncing

- did/do you have any oddities/issues; did you solve them?

Just the learning curve
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1