MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Tokyo getting a sneak at new IME
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Tokyo getting a sneak at new IME
hawkfuzz
https://www.facebook.com/industrialmusicelectronics/photos/a.158623363 4730990.1073741828.136766986344336/1601082893246064/?type=3&theater

Looks like some of the potential modules got redesigned...or perhaps...these are never before seen ideas...?

Really hoping that grey panel is the Escalation Dominance. Kind looks like "mute" under the button...but it's probably not. Black panel is the mystery 4th module from the picture in the last new module thread I made.

BLAH.
Baddcr
From the comments:

Rupert Cross Please please please be a Tyme Sefari mk2 firmware update...
2 · 15 September at 12:24
Industrial Music Electronics
Industrial Music Electronics working on it. it's closer to a complete rewrite but it'll be worth the wait!
6 · 15 September at 15:12

Now to work out how to update the Tyme Sefari ready for when this drops - it's different to the others right?
mt3

Tokyo Eyes.
dysonant
So any guesses as to what these are? The black one on the right looks like an update to Contempt. It has pretty much the same number of jack, knobs and LEDs. Bu the one just to the left of that, I have no idea.
mt3
Guesses:
* Tempco Buffered Mult
* Apocryphal Hope Eradicator
* Monster Cable Purity Evaluator (matched stereo pair)
* Boutique Flower Bouquet Shredder
* Random Bad Guess Generator
screaming goo yo
hawkfuzz
I was hoping there'd be a reveal soon
mt3
Escalation Dominance would be nice.
mt3
Contempt on the right.

The prototype one beside it has me baffled. It's a hybrid of a few existing modules: PHmk2, SHmk2, HDmk2/Kermit...
Plus looks like a knob in the middle of the unit is set atop a large pushbutton???
seriously, i just don't get it
mt3
So on the Escalator Dominator page on modulargrid:
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/the-harvestman-escalation-dominance-

Escalation Dominance "is expandable by Vindication, which adds six attenuate/offset controls to the CV inputs - frees up the main unit's inputs as dedicated envelope triggers (works standalone), and Contempt, which adds metering and dynamics processing to the stereo output (also works standalone)."

Homicide Censor is what I'm really wishing for.
dysonant
mt3 wrote:
Guesses:
* Tempco Buffered Mult
* Apocryphal Hope Eradicator
* Monster Cable Purity Evaluator (matched stereo pair)
* Boutique Flower Bouquet Shredder
* Random Bad Guess Generator
screaming goo yo

lol

I am officially stumped. I'm pretty sure it's not the Vindication, nothing about it really says six attenuate/offset controls to me. I tried looking at it as a potential complete redesign of the Bionic Lester MKII, but nothing really matches up there. SO I am left thinking it is something entirely new. My guess is some kind of weird multistage envelope generator.

Wonder why IME is not going to be at Machines in Music? Third year, no attendance.
hawkfuzz
Suspicious if it is the Contempt on the right with the words next to the leds. That makes me think it’s for modes and not level indication.

Really want Escalation Dominance but unless he changed the design, the left one is four channels so I don’t think it’d be it, but he could have condensed the design.
dysonant
hawkfuzz wrote:
Suspicious if it is the Contempt on the right with the words next to the leds. That makes me think it’s for modes and not level indication.

Good eye. Also, now that you've got looking at it again, why is there an encoder? There are also two sliders. Now I am confused about this one too.

Quote:

Really want Escalation Dominance but unless he changed the design, the left one is four channels so I don’t think it’d be it, but he could have condensed the design.

I m not sure about the one on the left being four channels. I think what ever it is, it is either one channel or two. Maybe Stereo.
hawkfuzz
What modules are in the pipeline?

Escalation dominance
BL 2
DA expander
SH expander
Contempt
Homicide Censor
Vindication

We know what a few look like...dunno. Come on November
mt3
That's all I know of.
Futuresound
The black one looks like it says 'Inputs', 'Level', and 'CV', so some kind of VCA.

And it could well say 'Outputs' below the two jacks bottom right.

So some kind of stereo output?

But what's the encoder all about I wonder?

[edit] I'm dumb, that's all been suggested and discussed for Contempt...
ether
hawkfuzz wrote:

Escalation dominance
BL 2
DA expander
SH expander
Contempt
Homicide Censor
Vindication

There's also Red Falcon, which is the updated Evin 209. Status unknown, and doubt its any of the ones in the pic above.
Futuresound
hawkfuzz wrote:

Compression modes....
adamon
ether wrote:
hawkfuzz wrote:

Escalation dominance
BL 2
DA expander
SH expander
Contempt
Homicide Censor
Vindication

There's also Red Falcon, which is the updated Evin 209. Status unknown, and doubt its any of the ones in the pic above.

There are those who still wait for volkmires inferno among us Dead Banana
hawkfuzz
Damn wonder if he's abandoned any of the ventures considering sneak peaks can come way before the release and out of order of anything else. Definitely seems to be doing more now he has a team.
mt3
Don't forget the Maelekko collabo...
Baddcr
BLmk][ will basically fill my Harvestman case... with just a few hp for what I consider essential guest modules, well, just the Radio Music next to the Tyme Sefari!

Do all these new modules mean I am going to have to get another case hmmm.....
adamon
Where our Tokyo friends at... seriously, i just don't get it
mt3
adamon wrote:
Where our Tokyo friends at... seriously, i just don't get it

Looks like it's the 18th/19th? Of November?...
Dead Banana
richc90
Could Escalation Dominance now be four channels? That sliver cable looks like an audio output...
hawkfuzz
That’s what I was thinking. It wouldn’t be surprising in effort to save hp. Maybe....
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2