MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Pure gorgeousness.....
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Pure gorgeousness.....
mousegarden

My God, this is sooo beautiful......what are those modules?
tito_tunes
Really heavy! That sequencer looks interesting with it's back and forth motion.
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch
I'm guessing that it is a homemade Music From Outer Space modular. Those red panels are pretty stunning.
mousegarden
I can't stop listening to this, there's so much going on harmonically, the sound is so rich, and that distortion is heavenly, does anyone know what that little Korg-like box is on the table in front of the modular?
TechForze
Volca Beats
Heliophile
mousegarden wrote:
I can't stop listening to this, there's so much going on harmonically, the sound is so rich, and that distortion is heavenly, does anyone know what that little Korg-like box is on the table in front of the modular?

That must be a Korg Volca Beats, as its lights flash in sync with the drums. Beautiful music indeed!
Rigo
http://www.lawrencepubliclibraryfoundation.org/synthesizer-details.htm l
mousegarden
Rigo wrote:
http://www.lawrencepubliclibraryfoundation.org/synthesizer-details.htm l

Thanks for that, but it only says "Moog Format" I'm wondering who designed the modules?
Xmit
cheers for posting. been checking all these videos out - sooooo good.
modulator_esp
https://www.freestatefx.com/collections/free-state-fx-modules
mousegarden
Ha Ha! There's never been a better time to go 5U...

hihi
Scot Solida
Ooh, next time I'm up Lawrence way, I'll stop in and do a bit of patching! w00t
Eric the Red
Here is more information: http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2016/03/02/the-lawrence-public-libra ry-is-getting-a-monster-modular-synthesizer/
mousegarden
I guess check out Free State FX.
submute
She mentions in the description that she records all of the audio through an "old warbly cassette deck" so that accounts for a lot of the... lo-fi dreamy sound.
mousegarden
submute wrote:
She mentions in the description that she records all of the audio through an "old warbly cassette deck" so that accounts for a lot of the... lo-fi dreamy sound.

Warbly cassette decks, essential!
andrewhuang
That's one of the coolest libraries ever. We popped in once on a day off during tour and recorded a bunch of watery laser fx with that system. It's beautiful. Love that there's a channel that regularly uploads from there.
mousegarden
Lawrence Kansas? Too bad, it's almost worth a trip.
spinach_pizza
mousegarden wrote:

Lawrence has a very small, but very mighty modular scene thumbs up

And the library is, in fact, where we have our meetups.

For more music by Jade Rose, check out her soundcloud. I'm pretty sure all of her tracks were recorded at the library.
mousegarden
spinach_pizza wrote:
mousegarden wrote:

Lawrence has a very small, but very mighty modular scene thumbs up

And the library is, in fact, where we have our meetups.

For more music by Jade Rose, check out her soundcloud. I'm pretty sure all of her tracks were recorded at the library.

It's very rare you come across such good music, the fact that it's made on a modular is a bonus for me, but it's just good stuff. Fantastic improvisational abilities, and the way she reacts to the modular.
cretaceousear
That was great.thumbs up

I'm not sure if this is in the same area, it's Ableton not modular, and I guess composed, but feels like the same vibe-of-cosmos:
Jo Johnson, Weaving
https://jojohnson.bandcamp.com/album/weaving-2
Eric the Red
I love that a library had the funding for this and people actually use it.

I grew up in a Troy, Michigan - your typical upper-muddle class suburb outside of Detroit, pretty much everyone that lives there works for the Big-3 automotive giants, is a doctor or a lawyer...

You would thing a city like that would be able to function... they poorly plan the budget sooo much that the city had to vote if they wanted to still have a library or not.

Kudos for this city to have it together enough to have a modular!
cretaceousear
Loads of public libraries in the UK are being closed due to budget cuts - sad and depressing.
mousegarden
cretaceousear wrote:
Loads of public libraries in the UK are being closed due to budget cuts - sad and depressing.

Same has happened to book shops, hi-fi shops, tool shops, model shops, and cheap cafes, and it's all down to the internet and computers, game culture etc. It is sad and depressing but we have to accept change, we can't go back, can we? But things we're so much better then, or has time rewritten every line, and could we? should we? would we?...

hihi
erstlaub
mousegarden wrote:
cretaceousear wrote:

Same has happened to book shops, hi-fi shops, tool shops, model shops, and cheap cafes, and it's all down to the internet and computers, game culture etc. It is sad and depressing but we have to accept change, we can't go back, can we? But things we're so much better then, or has time rewritten every line, and could we? should we? would we?...

hihi

Unless these shops were paid for with our taxes, run by local councils, provided a range of services to the public for free- often to those who could afford them the least, then it's really not the same thing for the same reasons at all though, is it?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2