MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

FH-1 (v1.8) and Digitakt
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author FH-1 (v1.8) and Digitakt
midirobot
hi : )
thanks for this new release !
just get a digitakt it works usb to usb that's nice,really.
i also reprogram the output with the help of the editor,works well.
but seems that fh-1 not reconize the modificated CC value from one pattern to another,it is normal ? or i miss somethings ?
os
Splitting this off to a separate thread.
midirobot
i tried further last night,direct cc value is working as you change the pattern it change the value.but when i edit different value for the lfo from one pattern to another one,it's not working.
example :
pattern 1 on random lfo midi clock speed set to 64
pattern 2 on sine lfo midi clock speed set to 63
he did not change this parameter (and all parameter of lfo) when changing pattern !?
younganimals
Hi I also just ordered a FH-1 that should arrive tomorrow afternoon. Thanks for the amazing module & quick firmware updates!

I downloaded the latest firmware update to allow for the midi handshake with my Digitakt, so it can be updated when it arrives. Quick questions though:

1. Will the FH-1 automatically detect incoming clock and reset and route them to a one of the midi channels? If so which channels? 1 and 2?

2. If not then are Direct Control and Clocked Speed considered these parameters in the Script Generator?

Sorry these might be obvious questions, I'm new to writing and really understanding midi. What I'm basically trying to do is this:

Channel 1 - 8 Outputs:
1 External Clock
2 Clock Reset

3-4 Midi C 1 Gate / Note
5-6 Midi C 2 Gate / Note
7-8 Midi C 3 gate / Note
9-10 Midi C 4 Gate / Note
11-12 Midi C 5 Gate / Note
13- 14 Midi C 6 Gate / Note
15 - 16 Midi C 7 Gate / Note

Thanks again!
os
1) no

2) For the reset, you want one of the 'special purpose' outputs as detailed in the manual. For a clock, you want to set up a tempo-synced square LFO, so that means three CCs:
- the clocked speed for the LFO (around 64, depending on how fast you want it to run)
- the amplitude of the LFO (I suggest a square at half amplitude i.e. 64)
- the centre of the LFO (set to 96, an amplitude of 64 will give you a nice square wave that goes from 0 to 5V).
younganimals
Thanks @os
midirobot
Hi,had a closer look to my problem,
i control with a midi monitor on my computer if digitakt is sending different CC value when you switch pattern via usb ,yes it works.
on FH-1 side for direct CC value it works but when you start sending different CC value for LFO shape,clocked speed,FH-1 not reconize them.
you have to move by hand encoder to have a change on the fh-1.
questions :

would it be possible to make fh-1 working as i describe,directCC lfo value (shape,clock speed,phase..) to change with pattern ?

or i miss somethings,and it comes from the digitakt or some setting that i skipped in the fh-1 settings configuration ?
os
Sounds like a bug. I'll look into it.
midirobot
midirobot
hey,got trouble with my FH-1..after more or less 1 hour of continuous use,it stop to receive midi from digitakt,to solve it a power off/on of the case works.
a bug ?
hellcore
midirobot wrote:
hey,got trouble with my FH-1..after more or less 1 hour of continuous use,it stop to receive midi from digitakt,to solve it a power off/on of the case works.
a bug ?

I had this issue using a generic USB>MIDI box, it was the USB cable being slightly loose in the FH-1 port, changed cable and never had the problem again.
midirobot
thanks for the tips mate : )
will try this and see !
Southfork
Anyone made a basic fh-1 Digitakt template yet they want to share? Mr. Green
midirobot
just tried the new firmware 2.0 ,and all problem i had seems resolved !!
thanks os !
lfo are now working as i expected,each pattern store fh-1 lfo parameters (phase,shape,clock speed,smoothing...) seems that parmeter lock on fh-1 lfo parameters also but i've got to try it more..
modulation pattern madness !
seems also that fh-1 not freezing anymore.
what great compianion they are ! really : )

dreaming about some cool feature :
digital sine osc that works with midi note with shape control over the output (digital env/vca controlled via cc) would be nice for fming osc
an envelope out mode with cc control over shape and response

southfork got a script that work with what i describe earlier but a bit messy if you want give a try i can send it to you.
midirobot
this morning i tried the fh-1 arpegiator,works nice with DT,that's cool as it's doesn't have one iternally..
after playing with,i think should be nice addition to have some function like midipal,shruthi arpeggiator who have arpeggio rythmic pattern,and division !
would be possible ?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1