MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Eurorack Benjolin DIY
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Eurorack Benjolin DIY
southphillysynths
I know there was just a run in the summer I guess, but would anyone be able to do a run of DIY eurorack pcbs and panels for the benjolin?
toneburst
I’d be interested in this, too, I think.

a|x
khyber
I'd go for 1 PCB and 1 panel
LSuveg1
I'd like to get a PCB/Panel set, too!
panda
Would love a PCB and Panel. SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!
adam
As I understand it Rob doesn't authorise sales of euro panels as Epoch Modular has paid him for an exclusive licence to sell Benjolin in euro, he suggests people have their own panels laser cut at a makerspace from the files he provides.
southphillysynths
adam wrote:
As I understand it Rob doesn't authorise sales of euro panels as Epoch Modular has paid him for an exclusive licence to sell Benjolin in euro, he suggests people have their own panels laser cut at a makerspace from the files he provides.


yeah I think this was the case with the recent run. Still looked great though!
racooniac
i would join a groupbuy, anyone wants to organize one? ;P
Purveyor2
Me too.
julian
adam wrote:
As I understand it Rob doesn't authorise sales of euro panels as Epoch Modular has paid him for an exclusive licence to sell Benjolin in euro, he suggests people have their own panels laser cut at a makerspace from the files he provides.


I assume that means that i could cut panels for people, but could not stock them, right?

Ie i could produce the parts for an individual, or group of individuals, who ordered those specific parts, but i could not just cut a panel and retail it to anyone who happened to see it?

(i was asked about the benjolin in 4u the other day, but that is different i think)
adam
it would be easiest to ask rob
TitoCas
+1 for a group buy

I'd love to have pcb and panel...
electric mist
Are there any files somewhere for the euro pcb ?
southphillysynths
I was lucky enough to find a pcb

people who had panels made, please PM me on how you did it!

Would be a great help we're not worthy
TitoCas
southphillysynths wrote:
I was lucky enough to find a pcb

people who had panels made, please PM me on how you did it!

Would be a great help we're not worthy



youuuu lucky man! applause

Is that possible nobody want to do a small run of pcb? c'mon guys!
flts
TitoCas wrote:
Is that possible nobody want to do a small run of pcb? c'mon guys!


I'm pretty sure it's not about wanting or not wanting. It's because the euro PCB was designed by kweiwen and he did two group buys for them with Rob's permission so far - I'm not sure if there is going to be another or not, but in any case the euro PCB files are not publicly available, and Rob appears to be pretty strict that you have to ask for his permission to use the Benjolin design for anything but personal use.

So for another run to become available, kweiwen would have to ask Rob for permission for a third run, and either organize it himself or hand over the euro PCB files to someone else. Either that or someone else would have to redraw the PCB and still get a permission from Rob to sell a batch for DIYers.

julian wrote:
I assume that means that i could cut panels for people, but could not stock them, right?


The panel files for kweiwen's euro PCB are at his repository at https://github.com/kweiwen/benjolin/tree/master/hardware - there now appears to be a ready-made FPD panel as well.

I'm not sure what Rob thinks about providing a bunch of panels for sale so this doesn't really answer your question, but I suppose at very least that if anyone asks for a Benjolin panel for his DIY euro PCB (which are limited stock), it's public knowledge where to get the panel file and trivial to make one on demand.
julian
flts wrote:

julian wrote:
I assume that means that i could cut panels for people, but could not stock them, right?


The panel files for kweiwen's euro PCB are at his repository at https://github.com/kweiwen/benjolin/tree/master/hardware - there now appears to be a ready-made FPD panel as well.

I'm not sure what Rob thinks about providing a bunch of panels for sale so this doesn't really answer your question, but I suppose at very least that if anyone asks for a Benjolin panel for his DIY euro PCB (which are limited stock), it's public knowledge where to get the panel file and trivial to make one on demand.


Ive actually mailed Rob for clarification (not yet received reply) but what you say ties in with what my own take on it was - i mean, if there is a fpd in the public domain, its not as if FPD would query cutting the panel as a single order, however, making 50 of them and putting them up in an online shop is a little different.

(not that there would be any point in the above anyhow, as there are not 50 people with the pcb wanting them!)
TitoCas
julian wrote:

Ive actually mailed Rob for clarification (not yet received reply) but what you say ties in with what my own take on it was ...


Hey Julian, did you ask him about PCB also? If someone will run a pcb bath, you can do the panels.
cool

thanks 4 asking btw
julian
No, i only asked about the panels.

I think (but really this is just what i have read!) that the 'issue' is that the euro module is licenced out. So whilst other format builds are ok, someone doing a run of euro stuff would affect the sales of the licencee, and is, hence, restricted.

Again, this is only what i have read.
calaveras
IIRC Rob want's the benjolin to be part of a clinic. Not just a thing out there for people to buy?
t3hh
I'm also interested of buying benjolin PCB 2x. Don't care much about the euro panels. Hope it will be a thing!
R.U.Nuts
Interested in one or two PCBs aswell.
Synthsense
If this goes somewhere I'd like to be part of it too
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group