MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Isla Instruments KordBot
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Isla Instruments KordBot
Trilo
Anyone have any experience with Isla Instrument's Kordbot?

I'm always looking for ways to change up and improve my music theory and chord progressions. The KordBot looks pretty fun! I love my Omnichord and this little thing looks like it would take what I do with the Omnichord to the next level.

I missed out on the Kickstarter but am thinking about buying one of these.

Isla Instruments KordBot
Loopop
Trilo wrote:
Anyone have any experience with Isla Instrument's Kordbot?

I'm always looking for ways to change up and improve my music theory and chord progressions. The KordBot looks pretty fun! I love my Omnichord and this little thing looks like it would take what I do with the Omnichord to the next level.

I missed out on the Kickstarter but am thinking about buying one of these.

Isla Instruments KordBot


Looks interesting but I wonder if there's an iPad/iPhone app that can do the same thing?
Trilo
Maybe there is an app that can do all this, may be not.

Even if there was I wouldn't use it. My IPhone is already my cellphone, computer, camera, music storage device, email device, web browsing device, etc...

Using my IPhone to make music gives me negative inspiration.
DiscoDevil
I bought one at Knobcon but don't expect delivery of it for another month or so. It's brilliant.
Smirnovich
There is a new great polyphonic arpeggiator at Kickstarter

Creative Labs NDLR. The project is allready reach the goal. Right now founders thinking of adding some pattern/sequncer mode. For that price - fantastic product, that could help to take all posibilities from your hardware synth. I drope Squarp Pyramid and now with this project.

http://kck.st/2xMNk5F
GovernorSilver
Loopop wrote:

Looks interesting but I wonder if there's an iPad/iPhone app that can do the same thing?


There are lots of chord playing apps for IOS. There's even one called Chordbot - don't know if there's any relation.
tvh
GovernorSilver wrote:


There are lots of chord playing apps for IOS. There's even one called Chordbot - don't know if there's any relation.


No relation. In fact the Kordbot guys were calling their hardware Chordbot and had to change their name because of the app.

Anyway I received mine already and so far it's a big eh. Build quality is a bit lower than I thought it'd be - when you press a chord modifier button a few adjacent buttons will move substantially, for example. It's a nice size unit, not big but not super tiny.

The biggest downside to me right now is the font size of the display - it's seriously tiny. Like a pixel font size. I hate wearing my reading glasses when I'm noodling around but I can't read this for long without them (I have a very weak prescription, too). I'll probably sell it for that reason, which sucks but what can you do.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group