MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Roland 100m spares and DIY?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Roland 100m spares and DIY?
dar303
Hi,

Are there any 100m repair/DIY interest around here? I mean for the real 100m format, not euro!
I bought a big box of cannibalized modules and front panels/boxes and I'm slowly putting some back together.
I'm looking for any tips for replacement component sources and can do trades for parts!
The knobs and slider caps can be found on eBay as well as some clone PCBs (Curetronic had them this spring at least) and I have of course seen Ryks beautiful modules.
Anything else out there?

Jarno
Very nice find!

I do not think there is a lot available, but then again 15usd gets you 10 PCB's so you can always make something yourself grin

The frontpanels will be more expensive, but if you have them already, you might use those measurements to layout your own PCB's.
fitzgreyve
Lucky you love

On the topic of "100m repair", beware if you ever need to replace the 4013 chip (clock oscillator) in the audio delay module (M172).

The clock circuit relies on a specific response when the preset and reset inputs are activated at the same time - no modern chip appears to meet the requirement (the truth tables for all current 4013 are different to that provided in the roland service manual)

The original roland spec is specifically for a Toshiba TC4013BP - a current TC4013BP doesn't work.

It may be that roland took advantage of a "bug" that was fixed in later revisions ?

I'm working on a drop in fix for this.
dar303
There must be scores of 100m modules out there but I guess they are pretty sturdy and doesn't break easily!

I bought some more modules on eBay so now I almost have a usable medium size system, I miss envelopes and Noise/LFO...but I have 5 oscillators, 5 filters and 3 VCA's!

This is what I have so far:
1x 121 front, card cage and box + two Curetronic clone PCBs.
1x 121 front PCB.
1x 130 front with no box or card cage but two PCBs.
1x 140 front + box
1x 150 front + box + Curetronics clone PCB except the LFO, thinking of using an old SAS-VCO (ASM1 VCO)
1x 182 front + main PCB without panel, card cage and box

What a mess! smile

I do have a CNC-machine and a 3D printer so special parts could be made but originals are better.
I work on this when I have some energy for it, a project for rainy days!
ClausF
Then I wish you a lot of rain, I'm curious how this goes on...
Icey pickle
dar303 wrote:
Hi,

Are there any 100m repair/DIY interest around here? I mean for the real 100m format, not euro!
I bought a big box of cannibalized modules and front panels/boxes and I'm slowly putting some back together.
I'm looking for any tips for replacement component sources and can do trades for parts!
The knobs and slider caps can be found on eBay as well as some clone PCBs (Curetronic had them this spring at least) and I have of course seen Ryks beautiful modules.
Anything else out there?

damn, where did you find them in stockholm? jealous grin
dar303
Icey pickle wrote:

damn, where did you find them in stockholm? jealous grin

A guy I know that used to have a HUGE system contacted me and asked if I wanted to buy the remains. The 182 I bought on ebay last week.
tempco01
I've been (slowly) working on a 172 module to add to my system.
I had a PCB made a couple of years ago... However, making the frontpanels made has been a very long process.
Just need to get these front panels finished..

[/img]
dar303
Wow, amazing work!
Is it made from aluminium? Did you mill it yourself?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1