MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Something new from LZX?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Something new from LZX?
FetidEye

oooh exiting.. what would this be? some standalone video synth ?
a no-coast for video?
wednesdayayay
it is looking pretty standalone

the only other thing that has been talked about recently is the movie length modulation thing
ju4n
They did mention on facebook plans for a standalone product before years end. Excited for this one! Happy Halloween!
Lento_Zoom
Daaaaannng! This is totally gonna be my first piece of LZX gear! Can’t wait for more info. I see RGB knobs.
danfastlikeflan
Will this be more or less a visual cortex in a box? I thought the point of the visual cortex was the starting point? Either way I'm super excited to see what this is.
Dirty_Bill
danfastlikeflan wrote:
Will this be more or less a visual cortex in a box? I thought the point of the visual cortex was the starting point? Either way I'm super excited to see what this is.

It probably won't be. Cortex is a starting point for a modular system but this is a standalone unit.
boustrophedon
Stoked. I've been obsessed with these modules for about a year now, and I'm finally in a place where I can start acquiring. Good thing I caught this thread-
probly gonna hold off on any purchases till I see what this machine ends up being.
Dirty_Bill
boustrophedon wrote:
Stoked. I've been obsessed with these modules for about a year now, and I'm finally in a place where I can start acquiring. Good thing I caught this thread-
probly gonna hold off on any purchases till I see what this machine ends up being.

Welcome! Only 13 days and we'll know for sure...
maruwan
it def is a standalone, there's a few pics of "ears" on fb.
FetidEye
From the hints i've seen;

I hope it is some sort of audio responsive feedback / video input system
That would be insane!
mmelnick
This was on their Instagram

Cobramatic
mmelnick wrote:
This was on their Instagram

VIDIGT

or

VIDIOT

??
Zifor
Excited for this. Plan to build my first visual modular next year so i hope this could be a good entry into analog visuals! w00t screaming goo yo SlayerBadger!
mamsk
i'm really pumped for this. RIP my wallet though :(
Dirty_Bill
mamsk wrote:
i'm really pumped for this. RIP my wallet though :(

If what I hear whispered is true, your wallet will be pleasantly surprised....
FetidEye
ooh, inside knowledge w00t
wednesdayayay
ooh yeah cool that means I can get two hihi
FetidEye
nerdware
Haha!
Jasper
wednesdayayay wrote:
ooh yeah cool that means I can get two hihi

Lololol
destroythings
It's here!!

https://www.lzxindustries.net/products/vidiot/

A Complete Visual Instrument
Vidiot is a complete instrument for analog video synthesis and processing. Everything you need to connect to a display and create video art is in the box.

Past Tech Made New
We worked with video synthesis visionary Dan Bucciano to bring the design philosophy of the 1970’s into a totally new and groundbreaking device for video artists.

Modular Synthesis Compatibility
Vidiot is fully compatible with all existing LZX EuroRack video synth modules. Like our modules, any audio or control voltage source can be patched to any of its 13 patch inputs.

Video Oscillators
2 analog discrete-core VCOs, one dedicated to horizontal pattern elements, and the other dedicated to vertical pattern elements. 3 waveshapes from each oscillator: Sine, Triangle and Square. Dedicated sync inputs and bypass switches.

Noise Generators
2 noise outputs include ultra wide spectrum white noise for television static and snow effects, and an ultra low frequency noise for flickering motion resembling candle light.

Dual Controls
8 dual concentric control knobs provide CV level and offset controls in the same footprint as a single knob.

Luminance Processor
Process the grayscale range of external video or internally generated patterns, with dedicated voltaged controlled sections for Brightness, Contrast and Detail. Keyer controlled functions include negative and solarize effects. Dedicated video output.

Shape Generator
Symmetry knob controls the mix of horizontal and vertical VCO outputs. Three two dimensional shape outputs: Circle, Diamond and Crosshatch.

Modulation Routing
Dual 8 position rotary switches select modulation sources for the Luminance Processor and Colorizer, enabling quick access to most of the instrument’s features without patch cables.

Colorizer
Colorize external video or internally generated patterns, with dedicated voltaged controlled sections for Red, Green and Blue. Keyer controlled functions include full color negative and selectable single color negative effects. Dedicated composite video and 1V RGB outs.

Key Generators
2 hard key generators with adjustable threshold levels, each dedicated to the Luminance Processor and Colorizer effect sections.
authorless
Nice. Good price point too.
DSC
Demos? Line Inputs?
FetidEye
SlayerBadger!
I wonder if the external video input is full color or B&W..
price: $669,-
nerdware
Reading the FB thread, input is apparently B/W only. OTOH, component outs and sync. Other exciting news from that thread: 1 of the first 2 digital modules will be a dual TBC.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2