MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Jmls 208 pcb - cheap easel clones
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Jmls 208 pcb - cheap easel clones
Orwell
http://logansolomansynthresearch.com/2017/07/16/buchla-208easel-faq/

Has anyone ordered the cheap 208 diy clone?

Sounds like an interesting project, which may bring cheap easels onto the market.
Don T
Orwell wrote:
http://logansolomansynthresearch.com/2017/07/16/buchla-208easel-faq/

Has anyone ordered the cheap 208 diy clone?

Sounds like an interesting project, which may bring cheap easels onto the market.

As of the moment, only pre-orders are being taken, the project is in the final stages of development still. The prototype is mostly built, and going through burn-in and working out the last couple bugs. Quite a few people came up at Knobcon to play around with the prototype!
Orwell
Thanks for the reply, that's great news to hear.
I'll be in touch.
jam457
looking forward to this!
yan6
Sorry if I missed it, was there an estimated price given for the panel/pcb set

Edit: found it $280 + shipping thumbs up
calaveras
Looked over the BOM. Most of it seems to be stuff I already have or can easily get. There are a few semiconductors which specifies source as 'EBAY'.
Anyone more hip care to comment on the rarity of the semis?
cygmu
calaveras wrote:
Looked over the BOM. Most of it seems to be stuff I already have or can easily get. There are a few semiconductors which specifies source as 'EBAY'.

Where did you find the BOM for this project? EDIT: found it, sorry!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Y8BEAg9ta7dfaUfsNN6lKckaplCl02 3Kd0Cah7PSYKw/edit#gid=0

Further edit:
On closer inspection, this looks to be the BOM from Roman's 208 clone imported to a google sheet. It includes things like uA726 which is very hard to find and expensive. The stated intention of this particular project is to eliminate the need for such parts... remains to be seen what the outcome is.
fuzzbass
I have not followed this project very closely but I know that JMLS also offers a ua726 replacement module. You might find them on FB to learn more.
Peake
Don T has built this uA726 replacement and wrote the assembly guide. I've used them in a recent build and they're great!
Don T
cygmu wrote:
calaveras wrote:

Where did you find the BOM for this project? EDIT: found it, sorry!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Y8BEAg9ta7dfaUfsNN6lKckaplCl02 3Kd0Cah7PSYKw/edit#gid=0

Further edit:
On closer inspection, this looks to be the BOM from Roman's 208 clone imported to a google sheet. It includes things like uA726 which is very hard to find and expensive. The stated intention of this particular project is to eliminate the need for such parts... remains to be seen what the outcome is.

Hi guys, don't use the current BOM to go shopping just yet, it is still being edited and updated. Safe buys at the moment that are currently there:

All the jacks, switches, and molex connectors (I think I've updated all the molex connectors on each card's sheet, but double-check that Card 1 and Card 2 are the same part number as the rest, they should be), the inductors on Card 12 are the same.

Almost all the rare semiconductors have been replaced. No uA726, no 2N3565, no MC846P, no 2N3802/3806. That said, if you want to use vintage semiconductors, you will still be able to do so, with the exception of the uA726. There will be no way to fit a vintage uA726, even if you have one. The DG200 can be the 10-pin can if you have/can find one, I have yet to verify if the surface-mount adapter for the DG200 is 100% functional, give me about a week and half on that.

[EDIT]: Believe it or not, all the JFETs are still currently available.

The prototypes have been tested with Xvive vactrols. More on that later where the lopass gates are concerned.

Just finished at work, long day, brain needs time to reset before I try to go into further detail.

We actually haven't made the formal announcement here yet, we were wanting everything 100% verified working first.
hank
Don T wrote:
[EDIT]: Believe it or not, all the JFETs are still currently available.

we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy
hermbot
I was one of the people who came by at Knobcon to play the prototype. I was quite, ah, excited at the time. It was the highlight of my trip, to be honest. I can't wait to start building it. I was wondering when I would see a thread here about it...

At the time they were saying Modular Addict would be carrying them.
calaveras
good to know.
I'm trying not to have any more projects get stuck in my pile while waiting on some part.
Reese P. Dubin
If I hadnt gotten an amazing deal on 208r and parts recently, this news I had somehow missed would be making me grit my teeth...

However, since I did, any chance of the 218 being in line??? hyper
Don T
Reese P. Dubin wrote:
If I hadnt gotten an amazing deal on 208r and parts recently, this news I had somehow missed would be making me grit my teeth...

However, since I did, any chance of the 218 being in line??? hyper

Not exactly a 218, but there will be something down the road.

Other projects are in line first, and already under development.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1