MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Envelope Generator
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author Envelope Generator
elettroman
HY Guys,

recently i've expanded my 5u synth and now i've 7 OSC and only 4 EG (Dotcom).

Obviously i need other EG (perhaps 4 EG), I'm in Italy so order modules from dotcom can be expensive, what do you raccomend ? i'm intersted by DIY 5u EG also.

thanks

Marco
josaka
there is a lot of ready made info to hand with a quick search..
the most popular one seems to be the oakley ADSR/Vca (from krisp1) or corsynths Dual Loopable VC AD..
ear ear
Krisp1
defutura
And apart from Oakley/Krisp1 in the UK, in continental Europe there are also MU Envelope Generators from Moon in Germany (511C and 511D), COTK in Portugal (C911 and C911P), and Corsynth in Spain (C106) - although the latter is admittedly a rather specialized version and not a straight up ADSR.

http://www.lunar-experience.com/modules.html

http://cluboftheknobs.com/modules.html

http://corsynth.com/home/modules/c106vcad
Flareless
Frequency Central has the System X ADSR which is an excellent EG.

The Oakley is also a great EG.

Both are easy DIY projects as well.
ranix
It's nice to have an EG that has linear output. My dotcom q109 EGs are my favorite, but I have a moon 511D also so I have source of linear envelopes.

The new dotcom envelope++ is no good, steer clear. There's far too much noise in the output, ruins the whole module. Not sure if it's the LED, switching noise, or just output aliasing but it sucks.
boothnavy
we have a quad A/R envelope:

acQA/R
JRamella
Oakley/Krisp looping EG. Has built-in VCA. I have 3. Awesome.
ba1
The Corsynth C106 is totally awesome and recently back in stock!
Leverkusen
JRamella wrote:
Oakley/Krisp looping EG. Has built-in VCA. I have 3. Awesome.

I would also highly recommend the Oakley one! Above loop mode it has also a gated loop mode which is awesome.

Also you can expand it to be fully voltage controllable, which, apart from beautiful west coast madness, great for setting different flavours of accent and velocity control.

If you don't have already you should check out the building guide on webpage to see how great Oakley modules are documented for a nice and easy build plus learning about how the circuits work...

thumbs up
Mark11Audio
elettroman wrote:
HY Guys,

recently i've expanded my 5u synth and now i've 7 OSC and only 4 EG (Dotcom).

Obviously i need other EG (perhaps 4 EG), I'm in Italy so order modules from dotcom can be expensive, what do you raccomend ? i'm intersted by DIY 5u EG also.

thanks

Marco

I would also highly recommend the Moon 511D, it's a dual EG, and it has re-trigger switch, I have [3] of them... they work fabulous for me...

click below for details... :tu

Moon 511D .pdf data sheet
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1