MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Buchla 100 system diy build
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next [all]
Author Buchla 100 system diy build
WeepWow
I don't know what the hell you guys are talking about, but it is truly amazing to me. Wish I would have gotten into Buchla DIY myself 30 years ago, spent too much time being an audio recording engineer.

WTB: 206e, 250e, etc.
APETECHNOLOGY
i want to build a 130, the closest thing i could find is the schematic for the 230.
the schema was drawn differently then most other buchla schematics,it is confirmed to be correct , but the "node" dots are not existent.
does my redraw seem correct?

hmmm.....
Peake
Weird. I've built a 158A and can't get a clean sine on one of the oscillators even with the pre55ure mod of having a trimpot for R35 to control the level into the sine shaper; it's buzzy at every level. Tried a different sine FET and swapped the U147, paralell'd a 22pf to C6, dropped R42 and R43 in the sine shaper to a matched pair of 680r, nothing.
moogboy010
Hi Peake,I had one of the generators' a little hot and some distortion.I would put the (1K -trims' )(R42,R43) in there and Maybe try a (lower-gain) transistor at (Q14),before the sine-shaper?
Peake
Thanks, a lower-gain Q14 before the shaper was my next idea as well. Edit: That improved things. Still triangle-y.
APETECHNOLOGY
i got the 130 to work!
it works really well, very responsive. sensitivity is touchy,i need to look into that.
also need to make a proper panel! woah

moogboy010
Nice Job,Apetechnology!You are tearing it up with your builds'.Want to see your system picture soon!!! applause we're not worthy
APETECHNOLOGY
Moogboy, i need to make cases!
i think i am going to make this style for my 100

hmmm.....
moogboy010
Hi Apetechnology,
Those are a good design! I also like the older square cases,that the original 100s' came in!The older ones' seem to have more of a (bookcase with shelves') appearance,that I am a bit partial to!Ha! lol
Will be looking to see your work!I presume you have a good compliment of modules',by now? Let us know how you are progressing!
Great work,so far! applause we're not worthy
Reese P. Dubin
That 130 is built from the cleaned up 230 schematic above??
This is great news, I find the 230 to be the best follower trig extractor I have used. One of the few things i am severely lacking.
lasesentaysiete
There seem to be examples of 140 modules with illuminated pushbuttons and some without. Is this the case? Or did the originals all have illuminated buttons?
moogboy010
Not pretty,but it all works'! It's peanut butter jelly time! Finished this a while back,don't think I posted it? eek! [img]

[/img]
djs
I noticed moogboy put two switches in for internal/external control. Any idea why Buchla joined them both on the original?
moogboy010
Some of the late (CBS modal # 144s') had two switches'!Somewhere along the line,Don decided it would be nice to have separate switching,for manual,or voltage control of both oscillators'.I like having one in manual and one in V.C.mode,sometimes'!I think (Don Buchla)probably didn't think it was necessary,to begin with,or discovered the added flexibility at a later date? hmmm.....
diophantine
It encourages the purchase of two rather than just one?
moogboy010
Diophantine,I was thinking that,after I wrote my post.Two audio and two modulation oscillators'!Most early systems' did have multiple 158As',so it would have been easy to do!
n.d
I've just found this thread. Great stuff.

APETECHNOLOGY: did you finish the 130, 140 and 180 layouts?
APETECHNOLOGY
180 is here,

APETECHNOLOGY
140 is here,

APETECHNOLOGY
130, is here.

APETECHNOLOGY
i ended up making the 123 like the original.

moogboy010
Thanks for sharing your work,Apetechnology!Amazing builds'!Love the(modal #123)
moogboy010
BTW;Apetechnology,do you show the correction on the (3-way switch)?Doesn't look like it in the schematic of the p.c.board?
n.d
Thank you so very much.

About the 123, you mean you laid the board like the original?
By using pictures?
APETECHNOLOGY
moogboy010 wrote:
BTW;Apetechnology,do you show the correction on the (3-way switch)?Doesn't look like it in the schematic of the p.c.board?

i corrected it in my drawing.
s6 contact 3= 15v spinning
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next [all]
Page 9 of 10