MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

The Doepfer A-100PB suitcase. Anyone have one?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author The Doepfer A-100PB suitcase. Anyone have one?
raccoonboy


useable width: 84 HP

I need 85HP.

useable....

tau_seti
It’s kind of less than 84 I think. Much as I love the flight cases the rails are kind of weird, I always lose a couple of hp on them
raccoonboy
tau_ceti wrote:
It’s kind of less than 84 I think. Much as I love the flight cases the rails are kind of weird, I always lose a couple of hp on them



d'oh! seriously, i just don't get it cry


noooooooooooo!!!! very frustrating

really? I just spent a week planning how to fill this thing and I definitely can't lose any HP! I need every last thing in there, was hard to get it down to only 84x2....

anyone else had this issue? I guess I could always try and see if it fits and then if it doesn't get a refund.... :\ but then what other options do I have for such a price? Dead Banana
erstlaub
I'd assume the same as the p6 and p9 cases which, in mine anyways, are a shade over 84.

Whether there's a full hp in there, its hard to say.
Shledge
P9 case is exactly 84hp. However, I was able to get 86hp out of my G6 case by removing the cheek ends. The suitcase should be exactly 84hp too.
authorless
tau_ceti wrote:
It’s kind of less than 84 I think. Much as I love the flight cases the rails are kind of weird, I always lose a couple of hp on them


Try loosening all of the modules and adjusting them before tightening them again. I can definitely get mine to not fit 84hp if I don't do that.
erstlaub
Here's what I can get with 84hp of modules all pushed hard over to the left. That's a 1hp makenoise blank held up against the gap, I'd say at best it's 3/4 of 1hp so I reckon trying to push 85 might not work.



The other option for that extra hp if it's totally needed would be to get longer M3s and sit one of the modules on top of another and add a spacer under the other side. Personally I'd be pretty uncomfortable doing that but then I've also seen peeople who have taken dremmels to their panels to try and squeeze more in so there are all sorts out there...
submute
Can someone 'splain to a noob why an 84x2 travel case is $775ish? Are you paying for the Deopfer name?
erstlaub
That seems about $200-300 out of line with what it works out converting the thomann price to dollars. I'm guessing that getting european things in america has added costs but yeah, that seems a bit steep (althugh you shoudl see what we get spanked with here for importing from the US!).

You're essentially paying for a super sturdy, deep case with a lid and a totally solid power supply. You could likely huck these down a set of stairs and they've survive better than many other cases would.

I have an older psu2 P6 and a newer psu3 P9, neither of which I have ever had the faintest whiff of an issue with.
raccoonboy
erstlaub wrote:
Here's what I can get with 84hp of modules all pushed hard over to the left. That's a 1hp makenoise blank held up against the gap, I'd say at best it's 3/4 of 1hp so I reckon trying to push 85 might not work.



The other option for that extra hp if it's totally needed would be to get longer M3s and sit one of the modules on top of another and add a spacer under the other side. Personally I'd be pretty uncomfortable doing that but then I've also seen peeople who have taken dremmels to their panels to try and squeeze more in so there are all sorts out there...


brilliant. thanks for the effort mate. I've managed to get my plans down to 84HP now and I'm more than happy with this!
TemplarK
submute wrote:
Can someone 'splain to a noob why an 84x2 travel case is $775ish? Are you paying for the Deopfer name?


Sounds about right?
raccoonboy
submute wrote:
Can someone 'splain to a noob why an 84x2 travel case is $775ish? Are you paying for the Deopfer name?


Doepfer is probably the cheapest brand!
tau_seti
My case is indeed 84hp wide. I finally verified. There's a tiny leftover but it's unusable.

Why is it so expensive? The good cases all tend to be, honestly. This thing is solid.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group