MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Resistor sizes
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Resistor sizes
Jaynet-Zhang
I'm trying to start my first DIY build. I was wondering what size of resistors I should be using. I saw some people saying they use 1/8W and others 1/4W then others saying 1/4W is too big and it doesn't fit in the PCB.

What should I be using? Does it matter?
soundforce
I guess you meant through hole resistors. They are 2 main sizes, 0207 and 0204. In some case you can slant a big resistor into the space of a small one.
See the foto, the long blue ones (0207) are slanted to fit into a smaller space. But the greensih blue (0204) ones are quite smaller.

I personally use only LR0204 from TE, available @ farnell in so many different values. Search for LR0204 1K for instance.

You should really check the BOM to choose between 1/4W or 1/8W. It's the circuit that defines which you need.

Jaynet-Zhang
soundforce wrote:

You should really check the BOM to choose between 1/4W or 1/8W. It's the circuit that defines which you need.

The BOM doesn't specify much. Doesn't say anything about the sizes as far as I can tell. I also took it to an electronic component store and he said he wasn't sure what a lot of the pieces were referring to.

I am trying to build the befaco Rampage
is this the BOM you are using?
https://www.befaco.org/docs/Rampage/Rampage_V1.3.2_BOM.ods

if so, it specifies 1/8W. the pcb takes the smaller size. it will be difficult to stuff with the larger ones.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1