MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

One for the techno heads - Acidlab Miami (The 808 Remix)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here  
Author One for the techno heads - Acidlab Miami (The 808 Remix)
ampRepublic
Got the Acidlab Miami some days ago to replace my beloved Rytm. Although very basic in function, I have to admit in terms of sound the miami is miles ahead of the Rytm.

I hooked it up to a project I'm working on and made a little live remix.

Gear used in this track:
Acidlab Miami - drums
Analog Four - fills and pads
Moog Sub 37 - bass
Korg Minilogue - pads
Arturia Minibrute - lead
Behringer Deepmind 12D - lead
A&H Qu-Pac - mixing and fx
Strymon BigSky - fx

All sounds are pure analog synthesis, no samples or presets have been used.

Enjoy smile

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/345931405" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]
onoffonmusic
Nice track man. I write lots of things on RYTM but I've been craving some new sounds. Was thinking maybe Drumbrute ?

How do you feel the Acidlab Miami compares ?
ampRepublic
Thanks! smile

Wrote all my tracks within the last two years using the Rytm, but always felt something was missing. Comparing Rytm and Miami back to back, it's night and day. Don't get me wrong, the Rytm is stellar, when it comes to flexibillity, but I never got a nice sounding kick. The hihats of the miami are also a bit brighter.

Heard mixed things about the Drumbrute, but never played it by myself.

My options were MFB Tanzbar or Acidlab Miami. From all demos I heard, the Tanzbar is capable of some really nice drums + 808-ish drums, but I wanted the "real" 808 sound.

At the moment, I don't use the Rytm anymore and started to rework all my latest tracks with the Miami. It's impressive how much this little machine ads to those tracks. smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here  
Page 1 of 1