MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Squarp Instruments Hermod Modular Brain
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Squarp Instruments Hermod Modular Brain
platform
Squarp Instruments just posted the Hermod Modular Brain on Instagram!

http://www.instagram.com/p/BaEMcTenBXY/?taken-by=squarpinstruments
dadRabbit
Looks awesome! Was thinking of picking up a circadian rhythms but I might have to wait and see what this is all about.
richc90
Pyramid interface, I guess.
Paranormal Patroler
Uploaded on MG because I can. hihi

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/other-unknown-hermod

Looks like a Squarp Sequencer in Euro. Nice demo!
geremyf
Not the best photo, from the instagram post it has MIDI in/out and USB host/device as well. 8 channel CV/gate sequencer...maybe 24-28 hp?
Paranormal Patroler
I think it's 26hp.
Ptbarnum
Interested! Love the pyramid!
The Junglechrist
Paranormal Patroler wrote:

I just updated the photos ;-)
exper
Looks very interesting, but, I have to say, MIDI/USB jacks on the bottom looks like they're really get in the way of programming it. Not an issue if you don't care about external stuff of course.
Paranormal Patroler
The Junglechrist wrote:

I just updated the photos ;-)

Cool, I was just about to upload the photo myself! SlayerBadger!
djthopa
Hopefully it will be able to integrate with the pyramid hardware as an expansion!
psykon
New image

jsco
oh wow. this could be magic.
geremyf
Looks cool but in reality CV & gate only shouldn't cut it anymore...these uber sequencers should always include a third output for modulation.
p@@@nts
Intriguing. I do wish they'd have included dedicated clock and reset inputs. Hopefully one of the inputs A-D can be used for this.
djthopa
Wow looking great!

New case? Dead Banana
unexpectedbowtie
Mmmm. I have a Pyramid, and I use it with Shuttle Control and love it. I'm really curious about this though. Not sure how the programming will work as well with the different pads, but interested to see more!
Paranormal Patroler
Personally, I'm curious to see how the USB/MIDI can be used with external controllers for chord programming and control.
Neo
p@@@nts wrote:
Intriguing. I do wish they'd have included dedicated clock and reset inputs. Hopefully one of the inputs A-D can be used for this.

+1
really needs dedicated clock and reset inputs
Robota
If it could also act as a midi/cv converter, it Would be killer!
2disbetter
It really does look great! But like has already been mentioned here, two outs per track is just no longer cutting the mustard. At a bear minimum 3 outs per, but to really fit the super namesake, 4-6 outs per track would be great. 6 per out would really future proof it as well.

Otherwise everything they have going with this is great. Super great direction, and I love the connectivity options.

I know that from the sequencer stand point tackling MPE isn't the easiest, but still it is going to be only become more and more prevalent.

2d
Paranormal Patroler
2disbetter wrote:
At a bear minimum 3 outs per, but to really fit the super namesake, 4-6 outs per track would be great. 6 per out would really future proof it as well.

woah Holy shit man, isn't that asking a lot from a sequencer? I mean, you're practically asking for a DAW. At 6 outputs per track how many tracks would a sequencer have? If it's also supposed to be competitive with the newest 8track sequencers, that's ... 48 outputs.

Come on! lol
2disbetter
2disbetter wrote:
At a bear minimum 3 outs per, but to really fit the super namesake, 4-6 outs per track would be great. 6 per out would really future proof it as well.

woah Holy shit man, isn't that asking a lot from a sequencer? I mean, you're practically asking for a DAW. At 6 outputs per track how many tracks would a sequencer have? If it's also supposed to be competitive with the newest 8track sequencers, that's ... 48 outputs.

Come on! lol

3 outs was the minimum. 4 would be the over achiever. And someone trying to sell me on their product being the end all be all, would need something like 5 or 6.

I'm not the one driving the evolution of synthesizes. I'm just embracing it. Sequencers that profess to be the greatest but only give me a gate and cv out just aren't doing what they proclaim to be (when they proclaim to be the best, greatest, super, or brain of my eurorack).

As a Midi to CV converter it would be falling short as well. (See the Polyend Poly for an example of a midi to cv converter done right, IMO)

I get it, 48 outs are a ton of jacks. But such is the medium by which modular synths work.

I'll postulate that the number of outs is not the reason we aren't seeing these kinds of sequencers. The real reason is the methods by which to sequence MPE patterns are complex, and no one has figured out how to make it accessible in the eurorack format.

So maybe I'm too forward thinking, but I see the eurorack market as one of the few places where true forward thinking can happen.

2d
Armstrb
Appreciate this off topic, but actually Polyend Pro needs more (configurable) outs to properly support something like Linnstrument as doesn't have Aftertouch. Only thing I have found is Fh-1 with 4 extenders.
euromorcego
2disbetter wrote:
It really does look great! But like has already been mentioned here, two outs per track is just no longer cutting the mustard. At a bear minimum 3 outs per, but to really fit the super namesake, 4-6 outs per track would be great. 6 per out would really future proof it as well.

I see 16 outputs. If they are freely assignable this should be more than sufficient. And if someone needs more, then it is surely possible to use 2 units. If anything, people seem to neglect input on sequencers. To make sense in a modular context also the parameters of the sequencer need to be modulated.

Anyway, currently we know nothing. Before complaining, I'd actually like to see what it is. An expansion for the pyramid? A standalone eurorack sequencer that is programmed via usb controller?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2