MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Euclidean Circles opinions or alternative modules
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Euclidean Circles opinions or alternative modules
tallrobphilp
I've been watching a few videos about this fascinating module and, for me, it looks like it really hits the nail on the head in terms of being "playable" for making interesting polyrhythms and evolving beats etc.

Are those who own one of these generally happy with it? It looks like a very useable interface and not too fiddly to use which I'm guessing is a common complaint with modules that have many functions packed into a small space.

Alternatives to look at would also be welcome. I like the idea of being able to simply rotate a knob a few clicks and all of a sudden you've got something new and different. I have tried this with my ADE-32 OctaController and it has some similarities in terms of polyrhythmic triggering capabilities but because the knobs are not endless and are multi-function it's more difficult to quickly and easily switch time signature/division on the fly.

Cheers!
exper
MI Grids has a euclidean mode (although no offset)

New Pamela's Workout has extensive euclidian capabilities, but less "immediate".

Shakmat's Knight's Gallop is a 2 channel euclidean (and more) trigger source that is quite fun to tweak/cv.
Armstrb
I have Euclidean Circles and like it a lot. Very immediate and great to pair with Rene as well as percussion.

Pam's New Workout is also excellent and can do a lot beyond Euclidean rhythms. More like the Octocontroller but easier to program IMHO. It also has great random settings to get even more variation.

Which one I'd recommend depends on your workflow and what type of modules you like. But if I could only have one in my case it would be Pams owing to versatility.
lohacker
Temps Utile is also a good candidate, even if menu driven when setting up its 6 outs. Using its CV inputs assigned to euclidean length, offset and multiplication/division can produce fun and complex results w00t
tallrobphilp
This Pamela's New Workout module seems to encourage a lot of chatter around these parts so I'll definitely look into that. Even thought the menu interface is off-putting it's obviously very flexible.

Anything else around that has the same level of immediacy as Euclidian Circles? And a handful (ish) of outputs?
1n
Rebel Technology Stoicheia, or Klasmata, the VC version: https://www.rebeltech.org/products/stoicheia/
akairipper
tallrobphilp wrote:
I've been watching a few videos about this fascinating module and, for me, it looks like it really hits the nail on the head in terms of being "playable" for making interesting polyrhythms and evolving beats etc.

Are those who own one of these generally happy with it? It looks like a very useable interface and not too fiddly to use which I'm guessing is a common complaint with modules that have many functions packed into a small space.

Alternatives to look at would also be welcome. I like the idea of being able to simply rotate a knob a few clicks and all of a sudden you've got something new and different. I have tried this with my ADE-32 OctaController and it has some similarities in terms of polyrhythmic triggering capabilities but because the knobs are not endless and are multi-function it's more difficult to quickly and easily switch time signature/division on the fly.

Cheers!

I have e-circles it's really easy to use. It has 6 outputs.cycle modes with easy button presses.
Bought it direct from the guy that makes them he is on here somewhere.
It's absolutely beautiful to watch also.
R.U.Nuts
Check out the stuff from Shakmat Modular. Especially the Knight's Gallop and Four Bricks Rook. I own a KG. It has a great immediate interface and the second output is always related (except in dual mode) to the first. So you can control both channels at the same time. And it's CV-able which is a great feature for the times you want to make some generative patch which you're rarely touching while it runs.

Having said this Euclidean Circles looks great, too. I got to know Vladimir, the guy who makes them at a synth meet and if I hadn't had the KG already I might have bought the EC from him. -And well: Those blinkenlights Miley Cyrus
nectarios
I have Euclidean Circles and 4 Bricks Rook. Both are the bomb and are completely different modules in actual use.

EC is in my live case and makes playing out a lor more fun than it was before, especially with Six Switches, very handy.

4BR is deep and does a world of trigger tricks and makes things go wild in seconds. Great amount of CV control as well, which is the only thing EC, lacks...but its not keeping back from using it at all.
Multi Grooves
ADDAC 402
mirth23
In the category of immediately playable knob-controlled beat generators with no menu diving, also take a look at Noise Engineering's Numeric Repetitor and Zularic Repetitor, which offer similar beat pattern surfing capabilities. NE also has some other interesting pattern generators/manglers that are worth taking a look at under 'time control' here.

Mutable Instruments Grids and Shakmat Modular's Knight's Gallop would be my other suggestions in this category, which have both already been covered above.
nectarios
Here's some Euclidean Circles jam.
I've set outs 4-5-6 to be the inverse of 1-2-3.

Euclidean Circles is a great module to control Kammerl on Clouds too

void23
As already mention Knight's Gallop is a good option. It also has a few more tricks up it's sleeves asides from standard Euclidian functions. That said, Euclidian stuff is fun. When I was first starting, putting Parasites on Frames completely opened up sequencing and what I could do on my modular.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1