MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Erica Synths Fusion modules
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Erica Synths Fusion modules
Bitwizard
2 things I am hoping I could find the answer to.

1. When using the 6VAC PSU connectors, do you use them alone or together with the -+12V connector (Both at the same time).

2. On the 6 VAC PSU connectors, which direction does the red stripe go? I can't find anything stating either negative or positive on this particular connection. It looks the same for the Fusion VCO, VCF, and Tube ring modulator.

thanks!
akairipper
http://ericasynths.lv/upload/shopProdAttachments/fusion_vco_manual_21- 03-17_preview.pdf

You know there is 2 versions of at least the VCO?
If you got the new one it doesn't need additional p.o..

F
nimmen
1. 6VAC PSU are used only for tube heating, if you want to hear any sound, you will have to use -+12V connector with it.

2. Not sure about that one, I think they should have that info in manual?

3? Most v2 fusion modules no longer need additional tube heating PSU, but they eat -+12V for breakfast, make sure you have a beefy psu for that.
Bitwizard
Unfortunately, I have scoured the manual and there is zero info in regards to the red stripe.

Also, Perhaps you are correct about needing both, but the manual seems to contradict that fact by saying and/or such as:

Power supply: .................bipolar +-12V , eurorack standard and/or Erica Synths 6VAC PSU

that's the part that's confusing me. perhaps they just worded it weird?
Bitwizard
akairipper wrote:
http://ericasynths.lv/upload/shopProdAttachments/fusion_vco_manual_21- 03-17_preview.pdf

You know there is 2 versions of at least the VCO?
If you got the new one it doesn't need additional p.o..

F

all of my modules are V2 modules. I realize I don't need to use the Tube heater PSU and I don't plan to use it for all of my modules. probably just for the ring mod and VCF. The Erica Synths skiff case I have has 3 6VAC PSU ports on it built in. its power specs are +12V@1.25A and -12V@1.25A.

I could probably run it hooked up without the tube heaters. Can cold inrush damage anything?
unexpectedbowtie
I have v2, and just use my usual PSU - a bog standard TipTop Audio thing.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1