MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Help identifying a piece of MIDI gear!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Help identifying a piece of MIDI gear!
Heavenly3lues
Hello everyone,

A while back, I found a hardware MIDI unit that would allow one to link up several mono synths and use them as a poly synth from a single controller. All I can remember about the unit was that it was 1U, mostly white on the faceplate, and I believe it was still in production but from a rather small boutique company. Sorry... I know that's not much to go by. I don't even know what this unit would be called, so I don't know what to search for. It would be used, for example, to link synths in the way that the old Oberheim 2, 4, and 8 voice synths were linked, where each voice could be independently tweaked but they could be played as a poly synth. I was specifically looking for one to link up to Vermona Perfourmer MK2 units as an 8 voice poly synth woah

Any leads?

Thanks!
Heavenly3lues
Found it already. I would delete the post, but I don't see where to do so and perhaps someone else is looking for the same thing. It's a "Polyphonic MIDI Processor" and there's one made by Future Retro called the Mondovox.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utJXSLApvFY
corpusjonsey
Check out Kenton stuff. Maybe the THRU-25?
CeeJay
The Mutable Instruments MIDIpal with its MIDI dispatcher function can also do what you want.
Unfortunately it is discontinued, but there are some clones of it available:
Midibro from Audiothingies
MidiBud from MidiSizer
Heavenly3lues
corpusjonsey wrote:
Check out Kenton stuff. Maybe the THRU-25?

This is different than a MIDI router. Check out the video I posted above. For example, it could turn 16 Korg Volca Basses into a 16 voice polyphonic synth.
Heavenly3lues
CeeJay wrote:
The Mutable Instruments MIDIpal with its MIDI dispatcher function can also do what you want.
Unfortunately it is discontinued, but there are some clones of it available:
Midibro from Audiothingies
MidiBud from MidiSizer

Thanks!
Just me
Encore Expressionist has the mode, also. Never used it, however.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1