MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Verbos Gates with Sputnik Quad Function
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Verbos Gates with Sputnik Quad Function
js213
So I'm not sure if this is a problem, or (more likely) something in the way the Verbos modules are designed.

When I try to trigger my Sputnik Quad Function & Trigger Source with the Gate outputs on either my Verbos Random Sampling or Sequence Selector, I can't get them to trigger. The Verbos Gate outputs will trigger Maths just fine as well as strike the CV inputs on LPGs (including the Sputnik Quad VCF/VCA.) I can trigger the Quad Function from other trigger/gate sources just fine, for example my Grayscale Algorhythm.

The weird thing is, I can get the Verbos modules to trigger the Quad Function if I first run them into a buffered Mult, an Attenuator, or a Passive Mult (if the signal is also plugged in some where else).

Am I missing something with the type of signal either the Verbos puts out, or the Quad Function is looking for?

To sum up:

Verbos > Quad Function = doesn't work
Verbos > Maths (or other modules) = Works
Algorhythm > Quad Function = Works
Verbos > mult/attenuator/etc. > Quad Function = Works

Thanks for any help.
stickmann
The Sputnik Quad has a switch on the back to either select 0-5v or 0-8v for CV input and output. It isn't clear in the Sputnik documentation if this is also for the Gate/Pulse inputs. Perhaps Verbos is sending a signal that is too hot? The passive mult seems strange though.

Does anyone remember if Verbos uses 0-10v or 0-5v for their modules?
js213
I actually did try that, but got the same results. I was under the impression that the switches were for the output voltage, but I wasn't 100% clear on it. I would have thought though, that if it was too hot, it'd be too hot still with a buffered mult (in my case MI Links.) Also, (if I remember correctly) my Eurokorn will trigger the Sputnik and that sends 0-10v gates.

And just for the sake of clarity...all of these modules are in a Pittsburgh Structure 208 case. I'm way under the power output and I've never had issues with any module before.
mritenburg
stickmann wrote:
The Sputnik Quad has a switch on the back to either select 0-5v or 0-8v for CV input and output. It isn't clear in the Sputnik documentation if this is also for the Gate/Pulse inputs.

Those switches are for the output envelope voltage.

The gates out from my Verbos Random Sampling and my Voltage Multistage both trigger my Sputnik Quad Function.
js213
mritenburg wrote:
stickmann wrote:
The Sputnik Quad has a switch on the back to either select 0-5v or 0-8v for CV input and output. It isn't clear in the Sputnik documentation if this is also for the Gate/Pulse inputs.

Those switches are for the output envelope voltage.

The gates out from my Verbos Random Sampling and my Voltage Multistage both trigger my Sputnik Quad Function.

Thanks for confirming that it should work. I got the Random Sampling new and the Sputnik used. Not that that means the Sputnik is at fault. I can work around the issue.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1