MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

penrose quantizer issue?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author penrose quantizer issue?
insoul8
Hey guys, just got this Penrose quantizer and I’m triggering it with my Pam’s new workout. Any idea why it seems to skip steps every now and again? I have everything set to default on the Pam’s right now. Using a gate x1 to the trigger and a random x1 to the in. It generally works but there are pauses in there. What am I missing?
Plumbstone
If you're putting in a random source into the IN then odds are that sometimes its going to be the same as the previous step and the OUT wont change. Try turning on more notes and see if it skips fewer steps... Are you using the gate out from the penrose? It only generates a gate when the output voltage changes too.
insoul8
Plumbstone wrote:
If you're putting in a random source into the IN then odds are that sometimes its going to be the same as the previous step and the OUT wont change. Try turning on more notes and see if it skips fewer steps... Are you using the gate out from the penrose? It only generates a gate when the output voltage changes too.

Thanks. That makes sense. When I took the trigger out and just let the random step through the sequence, I’d hear like a glitchy sound every now and again where it would likely pause when I had the trigger in stepping it.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1