MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

DIY Panorama upgrade for Prophet 600
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author DIY Panorama upgrade for Prophet 600
Pete66
Hi,

You may be interested in a little DIY project I was recently working on.

It's a panorama modification for Sequential Circuits' classic "Prophet 600".

I already very much liked the ingenious gligli upgrade. Inspired by the panorama feature of my OB-X I developed an upgrade for the Prophet 600 which enables to spread the six voices in the stereo panorama.

To make this design easier applicable for other Prophet 600 owners I developed a printed PCB and also teamed up with an independent online shop, where a complete kit is now available (I am not making any profit here).

This little project has been also presented in an online magazine where you can find many sound examples.

The complete DIY kit including a comprehensive English description is available here:

https://www.musikding.de/Prophet-600-Pan-Mod_1

Here are the links to the (sorry: German) article in the online magazine "amazona.de" where you can also find sound examples (see "Klangbeispiele") :

https://www.amazona.de/diy-sequentia...orama-upgrade/

https://www.amazona.de/leser-artikel...-modifikation/

Hope you like it This is fun!

- Pete66
AK79
cool.

This should work in the Korg Polysix as well, shouldn´t it

Viele Grüße aus Hamburg smile

br
Arne
Pete66
Thx Arne.

I just quickly checked the Polysix schematics:

KLM-366: We can access all 6 voices at the summing point of IC10 (1/2 4558) before this path enters the effect section KLM-368.
Mhh, stereo spread should be feasible but it requires a closer look. Also we'd need to understand about the realization of autotune. Probably some changes of the mod board required. If there is serious interest I will dig into here more to see what we can do.

Viele Grüße aus München wink

Cheers,
Peter
Pete66
Hi, I just realized it would be nice to give a visual impression of the mod board. It's intentionally designed as throughhole to ease assembly and to meet and keep the vintage style of the 1980's. Dimension : 99.06 × 82.55mm.

Here we go.

Pete66
Built-in:

AK79
is there really an Autotune facility in the Polysix ?
If so someone has to explain it to me as I can´t ifgure it out by myself.
In any case theres no point were the acutal output of the VCO is monitored so whatever Autotune there might be it probably relies on checking the CVs.

i would be in to test you board in my Polysix. I´m about to order some stuff at musikding anyway.

I will let you know.

br
Arne
Ayab
Hi Pete66

I am very interested in this add-on - what a great idea. Thank you for making it available.

The links from excellent English build documentation on the Musikding page go straight to the Amazona article.

Or from the Amazona link earlier in this thread I put 'prophet 600' into the search field at the top left of the page and the article 'Panorama upgrade' was shown.

The Amazona article translates pretty well in google translate if you translate by copy and pasting the address field from browser into the google translate field.

Hope my synth tech guru friend will be able to help me with desoldering the CEM3372 and a couple of the other bits I don't trust myself with!
Pete66
AK79 wrote:
In any case theres no point were the acutal output of the VCO is monitored so whatever Autotune there might be it probably relies on checking the CVs.

i would be in to test you board in my Polysix. I´m about to order some stuff at musikding anyway.

I will let you know.

br
Arne

Hi Arne,

Good question, there may be some sort of autotune when switching on the synth. I couldn't find out quickly if/how this works but maybe other users know more.

However it would be fantastic if you could test the pan board in your Polysix.
Please keep us updated, quite keen to hear about any progress.

Good luck with it, we're entering new territory here! It's peanut butter jelly time!

Kind regards,
Peter
Pete66
Ayab wrote:
Hi Pete66

I am very interested in this add-on - what a great idea. Thank you for making it available.

The links from excellent English build documentation on the Musikding page go straight to the Amazona article.

Or from the Amazona link earlier in this thread I put 'prophet 600' into the search field at the top left of the page and the article 'Panorama upgrade' was shown.

The Amazona article translates pretty well in google translate if you translate by copy and pasting the address field from browser into the google translate field.

Hope my synth tech guru friend will be able to help me with desoldering the CEM3372 and a couple of the other bits I don't trust myself with!

Hi Ayab,

Cool, Thanks for your nice words and your interest!

The CEM3372 should sit on sockets means no desoldering needed.
Please share the result when the upgrade is been done.

Any help in the meantime needed pls. let me know.

Kind regards,
Peter
Pete66
Pete66 wrote:
AK79 wrote:

I will let you know.

br
Arne

Hi Arne,

Good question, there may be some sort of autotune when switching on the synth. I couldn't find out quickly if/how this works but maybe other users know more.

However it would be fantastic if you could test the pan board in your Polysix.
Please keep us updated, quite keen to hear about any progress.

Good luck with it, we're entering new territory here! It's peanut butter jelly time!

Kind regards,
Peter

Hi Arne,

Your idea was just too great.
Any news on here so far?
Anything I could be of help?

Best regards,
Peter
Pete66

Another successful Installation.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1