MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Vermona Perfourmer Vs Creating my own modular
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author Vermona Perfourmer Vs Creating my own modular
Keram
I really dig the fact that perfourmer has 4 voices,and all that other stuff,my question is if you can have the same result by creating a modular with less money than buying the perfourmer.
Hainbach
Simple answer: no

Longer answer: the Perfourmer is a ready made instrument, a huge preset if you will, while a modular is building blocks from which you construct your own instrument. Very different approaches from a composition point of view. Going into modular to rebuild a non-modular is a waste of time and effort in my opinion. You will get side-tracked in beautiful and expensive ways.

Personally, I keep an analog mono, a poly, Romplers and a DX7 in the studio so the modular is free to do what it does best - being an endless source of inspiration and modulation.
Keram
Hainbach wrote:
Simple answer: no

Longer answer: the Perfourmer is a ready made instrument, a huge preset if you will, while a modular is building blocks from which you construct your own instrument. Very different approaches from a composition point of view. Going into modular to rebuild a non-modular is a waste of time and effort in my opinion. You will get side-tracked in beautiful and expensive ways.

Personally, I keep an analog mono, a poly, Romplers and a DX7 in the studio so the modular is free to do what it does best - being an endless source of inspiration and modulation.

I agree with you,but the philosophy of the perfourmer meaning having 4 voices and all these other modulations is pretty cool,i was just wondering if it was possible to transport that philosophy by builting my own modular,i could use a cool sequencer as an addition,even though the beat step pro is kinda unbeatable due to its polyrythmic and odd timings function.
Dave Peck
Keram wrote:
,i was just wondering if it was possible to transport that philosophy by builting my own modular,

Well yes, of course you CAN, if you have enough money to buy all of the individual modules needed - four each of VCO, VCF, VCA, LFO, ADSR, and a few 'housekeeping' modules to tie it all together. In theory, you CAN replicate any self-contained analog synth with a bunch of separate modules, you just need to throw a lot of money at it.

The question is - what kind of modular do you really want to end up with? Would you really want a modular that replicates the functions and features of a Perfourmer, or would it be better to use the Perfourmer for what it does best, and build a modular for what IT does best, which may not be the same thing at all?
akairipper
Ooh, my little pretty one, my pretty one
When you gonna give me some time, Vermona
Ooh, you make my motor run, my motor run
Got it coming off o' the line, Vermona
Never gonna stop, give it up, such a dirty mind
I always get it up, for the touch of the younger kind
My, my, my, aye-aye, whoa!
M-m-m-my Vermona
Come a little closer, huh, a-will ya, huh?
Close enough to look in my eyes, Vermona
Keeping it a mystery, it gets to me
Running down the length of my thigh, Vermona
M-m-m-my Vermona
M-m-m-my Vermona

just got my Vermona.. today.. ooooohhh. good luck making somthing in euro as good as that for less than 4000 quid, it sounds b e a utiful. and is s lot more flexible and deep than it first appears.
looking at the lyrics above though it does sound dodgy.. old men singing about young girls....
Keram
akairipper wrote:
Ooh, my little pretty one, my pretty one
When you gonna give me some time, Vermona
Ooh, you make my motor run, my motor run
Got it coming off o' the line, Vermona
M-m-m-my Vermona
Come a little closer, huh, a-will ya, huh?
Close enough to look in my eyes, Vermona
Keeping it a mystery, it gets to me
Running down the length of my thigh, Vermona
M-m-m-my Vermona
M-m-m-my Vermona

just got my Vermona.. today.. ooooohhh. good luck making somthing in euro as good as that for less than 4000 quid, it sounds b e a utiful. and is s lot more flexible and deep than it first appears.
looking at the lyrics above though it does sound dodgy.. old men singing about young girls....

Haha that's cool dude,have fun with it...that's a weird song indeed.
tIB
You can build whatever you want in modular, though I tend to think the perfourmer, particularly the old mk1 units in the used market, is great value for a very sweet sound. It's never going to be a four voice modular however.
AndreasD
Just get the perfourmer. I don't think you will regret it. Plus you save money.
I have a perfourmer and a modular and I use them equally often.
But for different things!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1