MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Latching momentary switches
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Latching momentary switches
AK79
Hi folks,

for my next project I want to avoid those mechanical toggle switches.
I can´t stand them any more

Most switches will only carry control voltages so I want to go with JFETs because I figured out this would be the cheapest option. Relays are not really justified here.

Now I can´t decide whats the most practical (read: low parts count but stable and predictable ) way to drive the JFETs with momentary pushbuttons ? Like on the Juno 60 for example. As the Juno has preset memory I would guess it would be not wise to just copy its switch drivers because I would end up with a lot of unneccesary stuff ?

The net offers so many solutions for this so I was wondering what do you people use for that ?

Microprocessors I want to avoid because I´m really not into that stuff.
thanks

br
Arne
smok
If you use a latching pushbutton switch, like Tayda A-330, then why not just route the signal through the switch? No transistor needed here.
If you want to route multiple signals with one switch (BTW, that switch I mentioned is DPDT so you can route two different signals with it), so if you want to route more than two signals then you can control some kind of analog multiplexer chip with that switch – that would be more convenient than transistors.
euromorcego
smok wrote:
If you use a latching pushbutton switch, like Tayda A-330, ...

sorry to hijack the thread. Does Tayda also have buttons for these switches? I do not seem to be able to locate them ... or is there another good source?
smok
euromorcego wrote:
Does Tayda also have buttons for these switches?

No, I wasn't able to find any switch caps on Tayda. This switch's cap mating interface seems to be the same as C&K PVA series. If that's true, it should be compatible with C&K PV and PE series switch caps.
AK79
Smok - Thank you !

You saved me a lot of time / work

I did not notice the existence of this kind of switch
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1