MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Who's making songs with verses and choruses using Eurorack?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here  
Author Who's making songs with verses and choruses using Eurorack?
BipTunia
and possibly even singing and melody and lyrics?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of ambient, and soundscapes and space, etc.

But I'm an even bigger sucker for a melody and a hook.

A random sampling of a lot of Eurorack music on YouTube had me finding a lot of the former, not a lot the latter.

If your music is more "Here Come the Warm Jets" and less "Music for Airports", or if you know of some, can you please post a link for me?

I'm interested in any style of music here, as long as it's actual songs with hooks and discernible parts that repeat at least once, with or without variations. You know, "songs."

Instrumental is appreciated, stuff with singing is even more appreciated.

Thank you for your service!
ngarjuna

BipTunia
ngarjuna wrote:

NICE! Thank you.

Man, 'Best Of Me' is an earworm. That's gonna be stuck in my head for about 72 hours. (or until another ear worm gets posted here.)
Dcramer
Here's a concept album I worked on for a year based on self generating Eurorack patches but with actual arrangements, lyrics, and theme.
The album tells the tale of a government agent's struggles to maintain sanity during the present day zombie apocolypse.

https://queertunes.bandcamp.com/album/goa-dream-machine

[bandcamp width=350 height=470 album=3311703326 size=large bgcol=333333 linkcol=fe7eaf tracklist=false]

w00t w00t w00t
BipTunia
Dcramer wrote:
Here's a concept album I worked on for a year based on self generating Eurorack patches but with actual arrangements, lyrics, and theme.
The album tells the tale of a government agent's struggles to maintain sanity during the present day zombie apocolypse.

[bandcamp width=100% height=120 album=3311703326 size=large bgcol=333333 linkcol=9a64ff tracklist=false artwork=small]

I dig it.

Are you on SoundCloud, Facebook or YouTube? Would love to click "like" on this somewhere.
horridus
Dcramer wrote:

Love it .. cool works ! w00t
neuroportal
BipTunia wrote:
Dcramer wrote:

[bandcamp width=100% height=120 album=3311703326 size=large bgcol=333333 linkcol=9a64ff tracklist=false artwork=small]

I dig it.

Are you on SoundCloud, Facebook or YouTube? Would love to click "like" on this somewhere.

You could show appreciation buy buying the album off bandcamp? smile
mojopin
Dronf

Thighpaulsandra
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KquxHMQD1Z0

Largely Euro with a bit of 2600, VCS3 and Prophet 5 thrown in......oh and some drums and guitar.

Thighp.
BipTunia
mojopin wrote:
Dronf

Very cool! Thank you!

I had to listen very quiet. This is a me problem, not a you problem, obviously...but I have horrible tinnitus from years in guitar rock bands and noise components hurt. Anything that sounds like spray sound or woosh is painful.

Which is a drag because that stuff is a blast to work with so a lot of synth-based music has a lot of it.

So unfortunately I end up putting zero of it in my music, if I wanna ever listen to my music.

This issue also makes it hard to watch a lot of science documentaries, especially TV shows about space...they seem to use a "WOOSH!" interstitial between every transition. And they often mix those louder than the program material.

Ironically I can still listen to loud guitar and drum rock, but only if it doesn't have a lot of cymbal crashes. lol.
BipTunia
Thighpaulsandra wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KquxHMQD1Z0

Largely Euro with a bit of 2600, VCS3 and Prophet 5 thrown in......oh and some drums and guitar.

Thighp.

Dig it. And cats and guitars are always a plus.

Though had to listen quiet, same issue for me as in above post.
Dcramer
neuroportal wrote:
BipTunia wrote:
Dcramer wrote:

I dig it.

You could show appreciation buy buying the album off bandcamp? smile

we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy w00t w00t w00t

I'm also Dcramer on Soundcloud but I really only use SC for little snippets and experiments. zombie
mojopin
BipTunia

Uh, that sucks dude! That's a big fear of mine. My ears are pretty good so far...
BipTunia
mojopin wrote:
BipTunia

Uh, that sucks dude! That's a big fear of mine. My ears are pretty good so far...

yeah. I recommend getting some custom in-ear earplugs. Carry 'em with you and use them for ANY loud noise. Bands, guns, fireworks, race cars, even brass bands at parades, etc.

I did that way too late. Even the squealing breaks on a passing bus is painful.

Here's the loud band that killed my ears. lol.
http://michaelwdean.com/BOMB/hatefed.htm

Also used to go see a lot of bands. Plus bands that opened for us and that we opened for. And I worked at a club for about five years.

There was about 15 years where I heard 3 or 4 loud bands per night, probably 4 nights a week. ugh.

I can't go hear live music now either. Unless it's acoustic and not amplified. And not a full symphony and not brass. Like I can hear a couple acoustic guitars with an upright bass, and drums played with brushes and that's my volume limit.
lisa
BipTunia wrote:

I'm a huge fan of ambient, and soundscapes and space, etc.

I'm not. And I agree, there's loads of that being composed in the eurorack community (and that times a billion in the Buchla community).

I can really see why though, it's needlessly complicated to make pop music using eurorack. Sure, to make one signature sound and incorporate that might work a treat but to create pop from scratch would be really hard work for no apparent reason.

I think most eurorack users has adapted to this reality and that's why they've become fans of the drone genre. razz

That being said I think that there are quite a few nice, melodious tracks being posted on this forum every month. Not many pop tracks with "with verses and choruses" perhaps but definitely not just ambient/drones either.
ngarjuna
lisa wrote:
it's needlessly complicated to make pop music using eurorack. Sure, to make one signature sound and incorporate that might work a treat but to create pop from scratch would be really hard work for no apparent reason.

I think most eurorack users has adapted to this reality and that's why they've become fans of the drone genre. razz

(emphasis mine)
Not really, no. Unless you consider patching with cables to be needlessly complicated it doesn't seem much different than making pop music using any synthesizer(s). I personally suspect the work and knowledge that it takes to compose and arrange is more of a barrier for entry than the 'complication' of modular synthesis.
Dcramer
For Myself, in trying to blend Modular and song style composition together I went a slightly different route:
The album I posted is actually made up of complex, multi-part generative patches that are recorded to the DAW in one pass on many different tracks.
The I painstakingly arrange the tracks using automation to bring in the elements I want and mute those I don't want adding effects, eq, compression, and massaging the tracks to suit, But I never slice or rearrange the order of the tracks and sections, the whole song is still an exact recording of the modular generated performance to which I weave in more melodic and the vocal material.

I actually did a couple of videos detailing the process as I thought I was really on to a unique technique in that I was using generative modular patching to create the bed tracks and melodic parts for a song.

Viewers seemed to enjoy the ideas I demonstrated regarding the patching, but weren't particularly interested in bridging the gap between 'patch music' and 'song writing'. sad banana

(Ngarjuna may be on to something (hides))
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here  
Page 1 of 1