MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

µTune MIDI Question
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tubbutec  
Author µTune MIDI Question
alexspanner
Just received my µTune today and all plugged in.....

Created my first scale which was surprisingly easy. Everything is very logical and simple to use. applause

Having said that I am having a problem triggering notes directly from a MIDI keyboard. Only some notes are recognised, and this is even when I am playing extremely slowly. Even playing the same note repeatedly results in intermittent response.

Is there maybe a menu option I am missing? Or is it something to do with the keyboard sending too much data?

Any help appreciated thanks...
tubbutec
HI,

this is probably because the 'assign mode' in the midi config is set to 'Cyclic A' or 'Cyclic B', but you are only using one output.
Set the 'assign mode' to 'dual mono' and it should work fine
alexspanner
Ah great.....that sounds extremely likely.

thanks a lot
mafouka
I have a MIDI question as well!!

If you're using a normal MIDI keyboard (standard 12TET) into the uTune's MIDI in, will the finer microtonal notes that lay inbetween the 12TET steps be skipped when converted? Or does the uTune make up for this by laying the microtuning's notes out in sequential order throughout the keys??

i'd imagine the best way to be able to play all the microtonal notes in a scale would be to use semitones (via CV)?
tubbutec
mafouka wrote:
If you're using a normal MIDI keyboard (standard 12TET) into the uTune's MIDI in, will the finer microtonal notes that lay inbetween the 12TET steps be skipped when converted? Or does the uTune make up for this by laying the microtuning's notes out in sequential order throughout the keys??

So you are describing a Szenario with a scale with more than 12 notes, for example a quarter note scale.

The notes of a scale are mapped in a sequential order, no notes are skipped. You can define a middle note which defines the center of mapping, full support of keyboard mapping as defined in the Scala standard is in development. The latter is mostly interesting for Scales with a note count <12, so probably not relevant to your question.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tubbutec  
Page 1 of 1