MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Delptronics LDB1e quiet/noisey
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Delptronics LDB1e quiet/noisey
coolshirtdotjpg
Hi All,

I have a Delptronics LDB1e. I really enjoy the Roland CR-78 style sounds, but my module is about 1/3 the volume of my other modules and has a serious hum. I have moved it to different locations in my case, and the problem remains. I haven't swapped cases yet, but none of my other modules in that case have the same problem.

Is this normal? I hope not, because I really enjoy the module, but it isn't particularly useful when the hum is as present as it is.
dlabtot
I have one. At a certain point, it exhibited a similar problem. I couldn't figure out why, as nothing else had changed in my rack. So I thought it was busted, and sent it back. He couldn't find anything wrong with it, and sent it back to me. So I put it in a different case, and it worked fine. But if I put it back in the original case, it's messed up. So try swapping cases.
Cyber-N Powers
It needs a 5v power supply which might solve the hum problem, but even then it is a bit quiet. I use an Animodule line amp to boost the output.
coolshirtdotjpg
Thanks all, I’ll try that. It’s too bad because that’s my drum case. It has 5v, but maybe not enough?
L.C.O.
I used to have one a really long time ago. I eventually sold it because the volume was very low, and I too found it too noisy (maybe it was just that the noise floor crept up as the overall volume was so low and it needed a boost?)
In any case, I though that it was the way the module was designed.
Cyber-N Powers
Also worth checking the gain pot on the circuit board is fully clockwise. Still needs a line amp though..
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1