MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Disting 3 wavetable
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author Disting 3 wavetable
mpl
Hi
Ive got the wavetable VCO working but i don't seam to be able to use the Parameters, pressing Z and turning S doesn't seam to do anything.I've only got one wavetable(in a folder), so i don't expect wavetable select to do anything but the oct shift i should hear,but don't.am i doing it wrong or is there a problem?
excellent module by the way.
mike
JakoGreyshire
I'm having a problem with my Disting mk4 Wavetable VCO....

As far as I can tell, I don't know yet, But I think it might be the type of micro SD card that I'm using.

Having fun with the Distings other ALGOs in the interim though. It's peanut butter jelly time!
os
mpl wrote:
Hi
Ive got the wavetable VCO working but i don't seam to be able to use the Parameters, pressing Z and turning S doesn't seam to do anything.I've only got one wavetable(in a folder), so i don't expect wavetable select to do anything but the oct shift i should hear,but don't.am i doing it wrong or is there a problem?
excellent module by the way.
mike

There's only the wavetable parameter on the mk3:
http://expert-sleepers.co.uk/distingmk3sdplayback.html#wavetablevco
mpl
Thanks for the reply,I'd been using the ref doc.sign of things to come? Hope so
Mike
mpl
I'd like to draw attention to what looks like the perfect friend for wavetables
http://synthtech.com/waveedit
It has raised a couple of questions
Is there a limit to the number of samples in a wavetable folder?
can the samples in the folder just be named with numbers only i.e. 00.wav or do they need names i.e. starF00.wav?
mike
JakoGreyshire
mpl wrote:
I'd like to draw attention to what looks like the perfect friend for wavetables
http://synthtech.com/waveedit
mike

Wow! Thanks for that! I didn't do much research on wave table making, but the research I did do made it seem like Serum was the only way to go... This free program looks easy to use... Now I just have to figure out how to get them into the Disting... I.e how many frames are in the wavelength to use etc...

hmmm.....
loorenz
mpl wrote:
Hi
Ive got the wavetable VCO working but i don't seam to be able to use the Parameters, pressing Z and turning S doesn't seam to do anything

Same problem here, is there a way to fix that ?
JakoGreyshire
loorenz wrote:
mpl wrote:
Hi
Ive got the wavetable VCO working but i don't seam to be able to use the Parameters, pressing Z and turning S doesn't seam to do anything

Same problem here, is there a way to fix that ?

Os said that there is only one parameter on the disting mk3...
So pressing Z will not do anything....

Os wrote:
There's only the wavetable parameter on the mk3:
http://expert-sleepers.co.uk/distingmk3sdplayback.html#wavetablevco

Keep the Mk3 and get an MK4 also... thumbs up
loorenz
Yes I saw that, but as it's written in the mk3 reference guide that there's 3 parameters (Parameters 0: Wavetable 1: Octave shift 2: Y offset), I was asking to know if it's something that will be fixed in a future FW.

Or perhaps those parameters will never be implemented in the mk3 and it's a mistake in the mk3 reference guide.
http://www.expert-sleepers.co.uk/downloads/firmware/disting%20mk3%203. 10%20quick%20reference.pdf

I would like to have the Octave shift, because without that, the tuning range is a little bit short.

I think I will resell the mk3 soon and replace it by a mk4, firstly for the screen on mk4.
os
It's an error in the reference guide.
loorenz
os wrote:
It's an error in the reference guide.

Ok, thanks for the answer… so the mk4 could be my next module cool
mpl
I'm still having problems with switching wavetables.I have set up 7 folders with 64 samples each and corresponding txt,yet i can only access one wave table,please find screen shot of scripts and folder contents.
os
Posting the actual playlist files would tell us more.
mpl
here is a zip of the scripts and waves
mike
ps hope the move went ok It's peanut butter jelly time!
os
Those files work fine for me (and sound awesome - nice tables!). I can access all the wavetables.
mpl
Thanks for checking,I cleaned everything else off the card(32 samples/firmware and stash/safty folder) so it was the same as what i sent u, and it works,
the wavetables came from the free wave edit prog i linked to above,they are from the user lib(can't take the credit)
I will continue testing
thanks again
mike
JakoGreyshire
os wrote:
Those files work fine for me (and sound awesome - nice tables!). I can access all the wavetables.

Will these work in the MK 4?
os
Yes, the formatting is identical for mk3 & mk4.
JakoGreyshire
Hey Os,

Just wanted to clarify about these wavetables that mlp posted...

There are 6 folders. Each folder has 63 WAV. files in it.

So, these individual WAV files are single cycle waves and the Disting is concatenating these WAV files into a single voice(wavetable).. Right?

So, in this Zip file that mlp posted there are 6 different voices(wavetables) in total that the disting will play currently?

That leaves, what? 59 possible wavetables left..

That would make 65 (-32_0_32) wavetables total that the disting can use on this algorithm?

I guess as I type this out, it makes sense now. I get it.. Kind of stupid questions really because this is all in the manual. Weird how it didn't click until I typed it out..

razz

Here is a good question.. ( I hope)

How many single cycles WAV files can make up one wavetable? Is there a cap on that? Could I make a wavetable with 400 single cycle waves in it? 1000 single cycle waves? Why not eh?

Sorry if you've already answered this on a different thread somewhere else.. Maybe this post will help someone new to the awesome Disting in the future who wants to ask the same questions and has found this Zip file mlp posted......

Cheers!

Disting= love
os
Quote:
65 (-32_0_32) wavetables total

±31 actually which is 63.

Quote:
How many single cycles WAV files can make up one wavetable?

You're limited by the total number of samples (number of waves times number of samples per wave), which is 29000 max.
JakoGreyshire
Wow! 29000!

Thanks Os. You're the Best!
theburningtrestle
Hi OS

I have an old Mk3 and I've been tinkering with wavetables on my DEluge and thought it might be good to load up some on the Disting. I've copied the files and formatted the playlists etc as per the instructions and compared them with some of the posts above but I'm still getting nothing playing.

I understand that LED 2 doesn't light when a card is inserted and that for Bank selction you have to use position 3. Does the same apply when selecting the banks and algorithms?
theburningtrestle
theburningtrestle wrote:
Hi OS

I have an old Mk3 and I've been tinkering with wavetables on my DEluge and thought it might be good to load up some on the Disting. I've copied the files and formatted the playlists etc as per the instructions and compared them with some of the posts above but I'm still getting nothing playing.

I understand that LED 2 doesn't light when a card is inserted and that for Bank selction you have to use position 3. Does the same apply when selecting the banks and algorithms?

okay - got the bottom of some of the problem os x doesn't format to FAT32 it formats to FAT!6 - but i'm still having difficulty locating the algorithm - what am i doing wrong?
os
With the SD card in, bank select is on position 3, but IIRC the actual algorithm and bank numbers count the LEDs in the usual way.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1