MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

KOMA Field Kit FX - CV Controlled Multi Effects Processor
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author KOMA Field Kit FX - CV Controlled Multi Effects Processor
Hovercraft
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/komaelektronik/field-kit-fx-cv-co ntrolled-multi-effects-processor?ref=discovery

New Field Kit from KOMA.
astrodislocate
When they released the original field kit I was really confused about what they expected it to be used for. I still am. This on the other hand sounds super useful, and the price is definitely right, too.
Hovercraft
astrodislocate wrote:
When they released the original field kit I was really confused about what they expected it to be used for. I still am. This on the other hand sounds super useful, and the price is definitely right, too.

The original Field Kit is a blast and I've used it lots of ways--but I'm interested in electro-acoustic experiments. The FX also has lots of interesting bits in an unconventional package--it could easily be integrated into a Euro system or played with other weird stuff. Agree the price is great for everything included.
itsritual
I personally find this 100x more useful than the original. Can't wait until it comes out.
andrewhuang
Even just this combo of things as a module at that price is pretty dope!
starthief
Not sure about the accessory pack -- I've got all of that stuff except reverb tanks, and those are pretty cheap.

But yeah, the device itself seems quite good and at a nice price. I could wish it had CV inputs for everything rather than four assignable ones, particularly with a quad VCA/mixer, but I guess that helps keep costs down.
Lento_Zoom
This looks rad and is something I have been wanting to hack together myself (Delay, Reverb, Mixer). Dead Banana Koma has got me with this one....
wvrm
Love the Field Kit, backing this was a no brainer.
euromorcego
interesting! I also find this more exciting than the original field kit (though no DIY this time, and another PT2399 delay, well ...).

So the eurorack and "standard" versions seem to be different, but the site says that they can be interchanged using the separate panel (the standard version can also go into a eurorack case using the replacement panel).

So, someone with knowledge of the original field kit, does it work well with both line and eurorack levels?
Rigo
Maybe they manage to deliver a bit early, could be still in time for my birthday then hihi
GovernorSilver
Are the inputs 1/8" jacks?

Might pair with KVgear's upcoming Vixen Mixer if that's the case.
dandandan
itsritual wrote:
I personally find this 100x more useful than the original. Can't wait until it comes out.

+1

I passed on the mixer but I am backing this one.

Just makes me wonder if I was wrong about the first one. Maybe the fx will feel lonely without its partner.
GGW
Are those contact mics able to plug directly into this or do they need to go through something else to get up to proper level and impedance for eurorack levels?
1n
Backed it as soon as I saw it.

I use Field Kit #1 as an external modulation source and mixer for my 6U case, so FKFX makes a lot of sense to me. And it's great value. Build quality on FK #1 is very good, and it's very usable.

One thing I'd have liked to see is a 5-step sequencer - that would have been very cool. And I don't care too much for digital delay. But they're really pushing the limit on space, and the features are nicely arranged.
Al
The mixer section on this FX unit seems to imply that it can take modular and line levels.

How is the mixer on the original field kit in terms of accepting modular and line levels? Any issues, especially with noise?
1n
I use mine as a modular-out mixer. The gain and tone controls are tiny, and that's the obvious place where noise creeps in - but mostly through clumsiness.
djthopa
Backed as soon as i saw it we're not worthy
Hainbach
I made some sounds for the Kickstarter and played a proto live. Its a lovely machine, every bit as good as I hoped for when I first heard about it. Not getting paid for this BTW, they are just neighbours.

Naming the delay digital is a bit understating - its a PT2399, so while digital its super deep and fun, as you lot probably know.

Have a listen to the demos, its mostly one patch that I tweaked for each source, with Wouter handling the recording side:

http://soundcloud.com/komaelektronik/sets/field-kit-fx-recorded-togeth er-with-hainbach
tIB
No brainer! Can't back it but will grab one when I can. Wonder if it could be banana'd...
Bjarne
The modulation options, spring reverb, and open source approach to the DSP code is what made me jump the wagon
bougie
backed! seems like the perfect hub for my little setup. the looper is a great addition, cant wait to see how it turns out
baremountain
Definitely gonna cop this to go with my Field Kit. The lack of processing on it has always felt like a drawback.
BlueWolfSe7en
Looks wicked! Always meant to pick the original up, maybe I should grab both now hmmm.....
the tone ranger
Backed with accessory kit. cool
1n
Hainbach wrote:
Have a listen to the demos, its mostly one patch that I tweaked for each source

Very nice indeed, thank you for posting this.

I'm looking forward to integrating this into eurorack processing - and using with Axoloti. It's going to be an interesting springtime!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2