MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

quad operator bank by humble audio
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author quad operator bank by humble audio
bigwill
Hello muffwiggler! Quick note that I wanted to share with folks!

I'm demoing a prototype of a new module that I've been working on called the Quad Operator Bank ("quadop" for short) this weekend at Machines in Music. And I'm soft launching (very softly) my modular brand, Humble Audio. Come say hi!

And he's a place to talk about it!

The prototype front panel:

And the info card that I'll be handing out Machines in Music:

moremagic
any audio? curious about projected bandwidth/freq range

looks pretty darn cool smile
bigwill
No audio or video demos just yet, sorry!

As for bandwidth, hoping we can run at 96k sample rate but there’s some processing that I’m considering that may require me to reduce that to 48k. The code as implemented right now is running pretty close to CPU limitations at 96k. Sounds very good at 48k IMO, but fingers crossed!
DSC
Any chance of a CV expander for that modulation matrix?
nrg242
i'll squeeze some audio out of this man and his module hopefully before the end of the weekend, since he's taken over my kitchen and living room.
bigwill
DSC wrote:
Any chance of a CV expander for that modulation matrix?

Plans for an expanded are in the works smile Details are still being worked out...
bonjourmyfriends
I'm highly interested in hearing this. eyes...
bigwill
bonjourmyfriends wrote:

Yes, I’m very tardy on getting audio demos together. I moved recently and my studio is not yet back up and running. I’ll post here when they’re ready!
Dogma
bigwill wrote:
bonjourmyfriends wrote:

Yes, I’m very tardy on getting audio demos together. I moved recently and my studio is not yet back up and running. I’ll post here when they’re ready!

Yeah me too. If you can I'd highly suggest 96k, unless it's something obtainable with some fir,ware magic (if it's a firmware thing)
kay_k
I love this! .. I want this! .. when can I have it? .. will my wife kill me over the price?
Eric the Red
Will there be a DIY option or only pre built?
bigwill
kay_k wrote:
I love this! .. I want this! .. when can I have it? .. will my wife kill me over the price?

I'm not prepared to make any claims about pricing right now, but I'm hoping that I can land somewhere you will think it's a good value even if it's not the cheapest module out there Mr. Green
bigwill
Eric the Red wrote:
Will there be a DIY option or only pre built?

No plans for a DIY at the moment.
hyena
seems a very very cool implementation of the classic dx fm!!! love the matrix!
psykon
Pretty hyped for this! This is fun!

But I would really like to see an expander with CV control over the matrix. I want to put some sweet, sweet envelopes and lfos in there cool

I would also be interested in a diy option if that would be possible somewhere in the future.
hyena
mmm yes...as of now you can just modulate the total "index" of one operator not the single contributions of single other operators...i see your point...
evs
Saw this module at schneiders today, but it did not worked so I could not try..
Can‘t wait to hear this!
bigwill
evs wrote:
Saw this module at schneiders today, but it did not worked so I could not try..
Can‘t wait to hear this!

EDIT: I've contacted Schneiders about the issue and sent them updated firmware. I'll post here when they confirm the issue with the demo unit is resolved!

Hi!

I sent them this unit as part of a beta test. We discovered that it's way too easy to trigger the calibration procedure which, if you do be accident, can leave the units in a recoverable but unusable state. I'm making some changes to address this and other fixes / improvements to the firmware and sending them an update soon. So, hopefully it should be ready to use in a few days!
bigwill
Plenty more to come, but I finally around to getting a couple sound demos up on instagram. have a look:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfLvvVonoju/?taken-by=humbleaudio_synths

https://www.instagram.com/p/BffBs_VDEmP/?taken-by=humbleaudio_synths
bigwill
A demo track one of our beta testers was kind enough to share. All the sounds except the drums that come in at 0:35 began inside the quad operator:

https://soundcloud.com/humbleaudio/quad-operator-demo-by-josh-humphrey
DSC
Spot on! Keep those demos coming!
bigwill
DSC wrote:
Spot on! Keep those demos coming!

Glad you like! I'm stoked as well! More demo content coming over the next weeks. We're hoping to begin taking orders no later than May.
bigwill
Hi folks,

We'll be demoing the Quad Operator at Superbooth over the next few days in Berlin! Come see us at W235 in the west wing if you're attending!

Also--a fresh demo from Josh Humphrey! All sounds from the Quad Operator!

https://soundcloud.com/humbleaudio/quad-operator-demo-2-by-josh-humphr ey
Batik Rhys
Any way of signing up for some kind of email notification of availability?

Dead keen on this applause
Shledge
Is this using yamaha chips or is it DSP based? Wouldn't mind having that old DAC "crunch" that made the likes of the TX81z have character.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2