MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Just ordered 5 PMFoundation modules.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Just ordered 5 PMFoundation modules.
Raleigh
Any experience with PMFoundation modules? Because I just ordered 5 modules from them. I think they're a relatively new company. Their modules seem to sound pretty good from youtube videos I've watched.

I like the purple, and plan to use purple leds where needed.

I'm going to be up to my ears in DIY projects cause I also ordered a Division 6 kit, and also building a spring tank module soon as well.

Guess I need to stop buying DIY PCBs for a while. Mouser's website here I come.

PMFoundation modules on Modular Grid
daynehacks
I've got the uVCO from Tindie, havn't built it yet though, still waiting for the jacks.

The PCB and panel look good though.
Raleigh
Nice! Yeah that looks like a good one!

I ordered the 2Q12 VCF, an ADSR Envelope Shaper, Dual VCA, and two 3080 VCOs to start with.
Randy
I've had great luck with them so far, but full disclosure time, I have been helping them out with demo videos.

If you're interested at all, check my channel.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNHW73DD-cW_7dIC-q57hRg

Randy
Raleigh
Yes Randy, I've been watching your videos... Actually when I mentioned PMFoundation modules sounded pretty good from youtube videos... It was your vids I was talking about actually. Lol.

That 2Q12 VCF in particular sounds great!
Randy
Raleigh wrote:
Yes Randy, I've been watching your videos... Actually when I mentioned PMFoundation modules sounded pretty good from youtube videos... It was your vids I was talking about actually. Lol.

That 2Q12 VCF in particular sounds great!

Great, thanks! The filter is nice.

Randy
Devon Dumpling
I built the PM Dual VCA and had some correspondence with the vendor. I am not very experienced with soldering and found the pads for the components to be tiny, it was difficult! But, I sent an email asking for advice and got some - use a screwdriver (or, 2nd-best, chisel) tip on your iron and not a pencil-tip like had. Much easier then.

I must say that the vendor was incredibly helpful and very generous - faultless customer service.

I've now got a micro-VCO but have not yet built that (has larger pads anyway apparently).

I like the purple panels too cool
flts
I think the PMFoundations person was active here at Music Tech DIY as well - for a moment awhile ago at least. Just can't remember his nick anymore.
usajnf
flts wrote:
I think the PMFoundations person was active here at Music Tech DIY as well - for a moment awhile ago at least. Just can't remember his nick anymore.

PM Foundations here if anyone has any questions. I checked out of this forum a while ago after the discussions became a bit Shakespearean very frustrating But I will give it another try. Also plenty of help available on the Tindie forum which works great.
Randy
If anyone is considering attending the Toronto Sound Festival at the end of November, I will have a bunch of PM Foundations modules there for testing.

Randy
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1