MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Barton's Aleph versus Husted's SP-4DP
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  

What is the second clocked random modulating?
Oscillator waveform
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Reverb depth
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Clock speed
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
PussCats nose
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Random 1's slew amount to the audio osc
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Number of modules in my rack
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

Author Barton's Aleph versus Husted's SP-4DP
Dcramer
Crazy, chaotic patch created by Todd Barton in which many parts are modulated by many CVs in a complex self-evolving manner.
Executed here in Eurorack, I wrestle the self-mangling sonic beast with Synthwerk's must have SP-4DP, a four fader, eight channel controller capable of being patched up in hundreds of ways and used here to control most aspects of the Aleph patch.

Watch the video and try the poll to win big surprise, prizes! w00t

Check out www.toddbarton.com for links to his vids on the Aleph patch.

Check out www.synthwerks.com for more info about the Slide Pot and other controllers.

MY ASS IS BLEEDING oh the humanity! MY ASS IS BLEEDING
vgermuse
Nicely patched and explored! It's peanut butter jelly time! thanks for taking the time to explore this translation of the Aleph. I'll definitely study it more upon my return to the studio. w00t
Dcramer
Thanks Todd, it's a beast of a patch and can go in so many different directions with just a tiny nudge!
Patching the fader controller into it was a real eye opener.
The faders let me explore the relationship between the rate of the two function generators giving two distinctly different result depending which was faster. w00t
sduck
Could you post details of your patch? I'm only finding general ideas about the patch so far, it would be nice to have some details.
Dcramer
This patch was created by Todd Barton using primarily Serge modules in Eurorack format.
He goes into a little depth in his first video but I'm expecting (hoping) we'll see more detail as he releases more information about it.

My version, patched on Maths and other Euro modules shares some territory with Todd's but doesn't always react the same way.
It's a crazy patch because frequencies of the two function generators can vary so much and are modulated by almost a feedback network of CVs.

In a way very similar to a true chaos module, like Fritz's, the exact same setting won't produce the same results.

Stay tuned for more info! w00t
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1