MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Damn. DFAM.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 24, 25, 26  Next [all]
Author Damn. DFAM.
pelican
Now an official product
EPTC
https://www.moogmusic.com/products/semi-modular/dfam-drummer-another-m other/

Hot damn Hot DAMN.

Great news, Thank you Moog.
pdub
Wow looks very cool!
BTS
They just dropped a promo video as well:
https://www.moogmusic.com/news/dfam-new-analog-percussion-synthesizer
Muse FTW
Could be cool. Definitely useful for people who have semi-modular systems or really small modular setups.
anselmi
screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo screaming goo yo
w00t w00t w00t w00t w00t
SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!
MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING MY ASS IS BLEEDING

finally!
Kitai
really nice, but lack of usb for clock within DAW makes it really a pain to use for those without an external clock, and want to record direct to DAW.....This is a problem for me for sure
AW198
I don't have the money for this but my heart says that I don't REALLY need to be able to afford to eat...
anselmi
Kitai wrote:
really nice, but lack of usb for clock within DAW makes it really a pain to use for those without an external clock, and want to record direct to DAW.....This is a problem for me for sure

send a short audio pulse to the clock input, it works great and it´s more accurate than midi
CF3
like everything Moog, I'm sure it'll sound great. Sorta big for what it does though. Moog is gonna sell a ton of these.
Luap
Very nice. I never thought my first Moog could be a drum machine..
bwhittington
I like the obviously deliberate choice to feature female synthesists in the demo. It's like the current gen Star Wars stuff, plus ladies rock.
fragster
Luap wrote:
Very nice. I never thought my first Moog could be a drum machine..

This.
The minitaur will have to wait. This goes first. w00t
JakoGreyshire
Oh my!!! It's here!! Wow!
It's funny how they label each beat that is presented here… Kind of looks like they gave these Djs the manual that I never received and then let them jam out… Cool.. but, umm I don't know… At least I can Download the manual now…sheesh..

[edit] Now that I look at the manual.. I see that they've changed three patch points! Now I have to get this one too… double sheesh…!! [/edit]

bedhed3000
Beat me to it...
Eichburger
Looking forward to a more measured demo without all the hipster guff.
brianobush
This looks so much more appealing than the mother 32.
@realwiggler
Have to admit, wasn’t sure this was going to make it to production. Should fit nicely with the M32.
No midi at this price point tho does seem like they’ve limited the market for this one a bit.
brianobush
@realwiggler wrote:
Have to admit, wasn’t sure this was going to make it to production. Should fit nicely with the M32.
No midi at this price point tho does seem like they’ve limited the market for this one a bit.

Well, if you need MIDI you just get the Mother 32, right? I don't think every device needs MIDI. Sounds like a perfect marketing plan TBH.
GovernorSilver
What would peeps use MIDI for with this thing? If it's just sync, somebody already said that the clock input will work with an audio pulse.
rowsbywoof
A DFAM and two M32s would be a killer compact system. So happy this is seeing real production, and won't just be limited to a few handbuilt kits from Moogfest.

I'm so tempted. Don't need this, but damn do I want this.
wiperactive
Passed on the Mother 32, but just might suck this one into the euro rack.

In addition to its intended purpose, the twin oscillators (albeit with just square and triangle options) with FM/Sync and a nice Moog filter (which I'm currently lacking) could also turn this into a useful all purpose synth and sequencer when exploiting all those inputs for control from whatever adjacent modulation sources you may have in the form of ADSRs, LFOs etc.
@realwiggler
brianobush wrote:
@realwiggler wrote:

Well, if you need MIDI you just get the Mother 32, right? I don't think every device needs MIDI. Sounds like a perfect marketing plan TBH.

You’re absolutely right, it is brilliant marketing. My only point was, at $679 USD I, as the consumer, would expect more I/O options not less. Also, from a manufacturer perspective I would think you’d want to entice a wider audience to the product, in line with the tone of their pitch with the M32.
Despite more products having clock and cv i/o many still don’t.

All that said, I have a M32 and love it. I expect the DFAM will also make it into my setup eventually.
GovernorSilver
The marketplace for under $700 analog drum machines seems to be getting more crowded than expected, and most of them have MIDI: Drumbrute, Bassbot's TT-78 and 606, Korg's Volcas, etc. We'll see what Malekko's asking price will be for Mr. D will be, if/when it finally hits the market.

Moog seems to be going for something different though - peeps who are more comfortable w/ Eurorack stuff, some of whom consider MIDI a four-letter word wink.

Nice to have all these choices...
Kent
anselmi wrote:
Kitai wrote:

send a short audio pulse to the clock input, it works great and it´s more accurate than midi

Not necessarily true. Only if it were so.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 24, 25, 26  Next [all]
Page 2 of 26