MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Damn. DFAM.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next [all]
Author Damn. DFAM.
Alphaman
is there a efficient way to sync the LFO of the Mother32? one way could be either by one of the Clock or Step functions over the assign output,
but i badly want to save this output to sync the DFAM to the Mother32, instead by the gate output of my drum machine. any tips?

edit

obviously you can't sync that little rascal. but syncing parameters by a external LFO from a DAW over the assignable output via MIDI CC is possible at least.
soundslikejoe
Picked up the DFAM on discount this week. Might be the most wiggle-able thing I've ever purchased. Right out of the box, turn the knobs and it's great. Very immediate.

Now... if only Moog gets onboard with this unique platform and releases the Subharmonicon! I don't plan to buy a Mother32, right now, but if the SubH comes out... I think I'll have to get the set.
applause
spukhaft
Holy. F-ing. Shit.

Just picked one up. Considering leaving family and living in filthy van down by the river alone with DFAM.

Percussion. Check. Basslines. Check. Liquidly phat ass acidy bits. Check. LOVE this beast.
JakoGreyshire
For the new DFAM owners.... This thread has a ton of cool tips in it. If you haven't read through the thread, I would recommend doing so. Also if you find any cool patchings please share with us...
zzelig
Hello,

This thread prompted my first post here. This is a recording I did last night messing with the DFAM + 0 Coast + DRM1:

https://soundcloud.com/user-683992290/corpsefeedrz
Tumulishroomaroom
Has anybody tried wavefolding the DFAM ? I was thinking I love the sound of it set up as a complex Oscillator (FM sounds fantastic) but a lil bit a wave folding might take it to the next level. Even when doing drums ! Thing is, my other oscillators already have folding built in so I don't have a dedicated wave folder. Might be worth it for the DFAM but also CV, and various drums... Anybody have nice examples with the DFAM ?
Unifono0815
I sold all my modules recently but bought the DFAM + Mother combo. I was thinking about these two for some time, they just sound and look great.
Also kept the 0-coast, I really dig the semimodular structure.
DFAM is instant fun for sure. Don't think I will get tired of it soon.

Will read through this thread for patch tips.
Here are two first demos I made with the pair.

DFAM + Mother32 Demo
evilspock
Nice track Unifono thumbs up

Really enjoying the DFAM so far. I wanted something unique and different from the usual monophonic synth module, and DFAM fits the bill.

What I don’t care for so much is the Moog skiff format. I’d really like to find something thin to make it more backpack/portable friendly, just like the 0-coast, or even make my own if I have to. Has anyone else gone down this rabbit hole for it yet?
Tumulishroomaroom
No but if you take it out it's very thin/"skiff friendly". Mine is in my modular case. Find or build any thin case that you'd like and you're good to go.
Alphaman
i recorded something too with the Mother32 and Dfam.
the Mother makes the arp sound and the DFAM the sub and chirping noises.
both machines are patched together. i used the EHX Memory Man for delay and the Lexicon MX200 for reverb!

nothing special but enjoy anyway!

listen: https://instaud.io/30W3
soundslikejoe
Alphaman wrote:
i recorded something too with the Mother32 and Dfam.
the Mother makes the arp sound and the DFAM the sub and chirping noises.
both machines are patched together. i used the EHX Memory Man for delay and the Lexicon MX200 for reverb!

nothing special but enjoy anyway!

listen: https://instaud.io/30UD

Man... those first few notes had me on edge thinking "Knight Rider Theme Song!" Still great...

hihi
Alphaman
thx. i feel more like MacGyver when i explore these two mofos^^
Unifono0815
evilspock wrote:
Nice track Unifono thumbs up

Thanks!
Tumulishroomaroom
I realised most of the time I use the DFAM as a sort of complex oscillator/cool sequencer combo to create FM/Bells/Acid tones but yesterday I needed toms and remembered how great it is at it. I love the sound of the noise in this thing, very punchy and it makes for a great tribal feeling when you combine it with other percussion. So here’s the result : DFAM, Lyra 8 and Modular burned in the Analog Heat :

[s]https://soundcloud.com/tumulishoomaroom/1989-damage[/s]
Technologear?
Tumulishroomaroom wrote:
So here’s the result : DFAM, Lyra 8 and Modular burned in the Analog Heat :

I really liked that track. Thanks for sharing
Tumulishroomaroom
Thank you very much, glad you liked it.
vromr
Is there a way to trigger each step setting with keyboard input?
drowld
Tumulishroomaroom wrote:
I realised most of the time I use the DFAM as a sort of complex oscillator/cool sequencer combo to create FM/Bells/Acid tones but yesterday I needed toms and remembered how great it is at it. I love the sound of the noise in this thing, very punchy and it makes for a great tribal feeling when you combine it with other percussion. So here’s the result : DFAM, Lyra 8 and Modular burned in the Analog Heat :

Love it. Any more demos of the dfam in this context ?
Tumulishroomaroom
drowld wrote:
Tumulishroomaroom wrote:

Love it. Any more demos of the dfam in this context ?

Thank you ! I have this one too, did it six months ago but it's basically the same ingredients :

[s]https://soundcloud.com/tumulishoomaroom/scorched-dub[/s]
I should re-touch the recording though, really sounds muffled.
lorez
i've been using the oscillators as a drone, the sequencer pitch and velocity outputs to control other modules and the eg outputs to also control filters and clouds on a couple of things recently.

one sample here - flies through the looking glass
Tumulishroomaroom
I feel like I've read the answer on a YT comment or somewhere (here ? I can't find it anymore); but is it possible to combine the clocking of the DFAM with external clock via the ADV/CLOCK input and have sequences shorter than eight steps ?

I didn't care at all when I got it, but now I'm sort of missing a reset input too...
JakoGreyshire
Tumulishroomaroom wrote:
I feel like I've read the answer on a YT comment or somewhere (here ? I can't find it anymore); but is it possible to combine the clocking of the DFAM with external clock via the ADV/CLOCK input and have sequences shorter than eight steps ?

I didn't care at all when I got it, but now I'm sort of missing a reset input too...

Yes, I've made videos on both of those topics... Check out my youtube page(I have DFAM and Subharmonicon videos there too..)...

Er, so you don't have to search... well, here you go..

Well, this one is just the DFAM taking an external trigger at first then engaging the internal sequencer. Maybe not what you are asking about with the clocks.... Can you elaborate? Actually I think the ADV/Clock input jack disables the internal clock right?

-------------------------------
This next one has the patch notes on the youtube page to tell you how to get less than 8 steps...
Moog music also did a video showing this trick... Funny story though...
Anyone can think of how to do this trick but about a year ago I discovered this patching trick by thinking about it and the fact that people on this forum were lamenting the non-existent reset feature.

I was at work and I thought, "hey I bet there is a way to do something cool here." So, I went home and it hit me like a ton of bricks... OH SHIT! I can do this with the Pitch on the sequencer!! I made this video below. Months later I was at Moogfest and I told Steve Dunnington about this trick. He was very pleased with the patch.. A few months later Moog music made a video showing the patch...

Like I said, if one thinks about it for a while one will discover how to do it.. It's inherent in the patch points... I find it fun to have a problem or a need and try to solve it with patch cables...

Actually re-reading your post, It looks like you'll have to discover your patch and share with us what you come up with... In my video I was using the DFAM as the master clock and using the trigger out to the gate in on the Mother-32....

I guess my post here is just some ingredients for a recipe..

Let us know what you come up with...
Tumulishroomaroom
Hum, thank you, I was pretty sure it was you who first came up with a solution. Yet, as you realised, I aim to clock the DFAM externally but still have sequences shorter than 8 steps. I have yet to find the solution, if it exists.
soundslikejoe
Tumulishroomaroom wrote:
Hum, thank you, I was pretty sure it was you who first came up with a solution. Yet, as you realised, I aim to clock the DFAM externally but still have sequences shorter than 8 steps. I have yet to find the solution, if it exists.

Not a DFAM expert... but I'm pretty sure the only way to get less/more than 8 steps is to use an external pitch cv, trigger, and velocity inputs to sequence. That or use the pitch cv input to sequence the tempo... but that's more of a hack. Fun... but not the same...
Tumulishroomaroom
soundslikejoe wrote:
Tumulishroomaroom wrote:

Not a DFAM expert... but I'm pretty sure the only way to get less/more than 8 steps is to use an external pitch cv, trigger, and velocity inputs to sequence. That or use the pitch cv input to sequence the tempo... but that's more of a hack. Fun... but not the same...

That's what I though too, but to me most of the fun of the DFAM is in the sequencer. I'll deal with it ! The pitch hack is indeed fun, but not very useful in the context of a broader patch.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next [all]
Page 23 of 27