MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Damn. DFAM.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 [all]
Author Damn. DFAM.
nativestate
This is my goto Drum machine. I also just ordered the Matriarch to compliment. Just do.
AW198
weird update wrote:
Does anyone has excemples of people using the dfam to make ambient music or drones?

https://soundcloud.com/weirdupdate

024//Night Trains

Made this a while back w00t
ashh888
bought one

im shit but this thing refuses to make a shit sound

beautiful beasty

are all moogs this good?
Fog Door
Anyone in a position to comment on "all moogs"? wink
luketeaford
Fog Door wrote:
Anyone in a position to comment on "all moogs"? wink

Not me, but I can say I prefer the DFAM to several Moogs smile
Tumulishroomaroom
bmot wrote:
Tumulishroomaroom wrote:
I've had mine for a couple of weeks but I've just had time to dig into it these past few days. I love it very much, so instantly playable, so fun, so full of sweet spots. I've only jut used it for percussion so far, but the "presets" show how much more there is to this beast.

Anyway here's a first real track with it where it comes real early and stay on mostly all the time, doing the subdued toms in the background :

[s]https://soundcloud.com/tumulishoomaroom/scorched-dub[/s]

I’m just researching DFAM right now, reading and listening. Igot tp play one a few weeks ago, instant love. I will be buying one in the next days or weeks. Anyway, 1 year after that post I quoted, I just wanted to say this track is epic, the hard edged hypnotic techno sound you made is comparable to the great Orphx. I would love to hear that live.

Thank you, much appreciated ! I should have stuff out soonish.
booger
Anyone running two DFAMs?
bmot
Holy f*ck!! I've just taken delivery of the DFAM and this thing is incredible. I've mainly been bypassing the sequencer and patching it to the SE Engine's CV/gate outputs, which creates some really interesting subtle variations so easily. I'm a lazy beatmaker, and this combo makes it child's play to get very interesting patterns very quickly. For me that's the big thing here, because usually it's a lot more work to programme modulations and make beats less static. As a big fan of industrial techno/power electronics this is helping me make similar sounds to those I see in concert.

I had sold a few things to prepare for buying the Pulsar 23, and i've been on the waiting list since the first week or so, but the DFAM has stolen my heart and makes such a racket that I don't see the need for the Pulsar so much now. I've also got a TR-9090 for basic TR sounds, I feel like the rhythm section is now covered.

The DFAM has also made me appreciate a HPF more than usual - i almost always go for the LPF but the HPF is so juicy. I'll post some DFAM recordings when I get round to it.
Tumulishroomaroom
Improvising the very early stage of a live set :

This needs a lot more work but you get the idea... DFAM is on kick duties, like most of the time since I discovered how good it does these very subby, deep techno kicks that I love.
guitargyro
Tumulishroomaroom wrote:
Improvising the very early stage of a live set :

This needs a lot more work but you get the idea... DFAM is on kick duties, like most of the time since I discovered how good it does these very subby, deep techno kicks that I love.

This sounds great!!!
Tumulishroomaroom
Thank you ! Actually just recorded a new one yesterday evening; just sound this time :

[s]https://soundcloud.com/tumulishoomaroom/improvisation-test-2[/s]

DFAM still doing the kick throughout.

Other notable modules being Verbos CO, Multi Delay and Bark Filter; Loquelic Iteritas Percido and Morphagene.
Richjk7
booger wrote:
Anyone running two DFAMs?

Right here, its twice the fun!

Seriously though with two, its enough to make complete techno tracks. For me it worked well with one handling bass drum and hats/snare sounds and the other dfam doing toms and pitched sequences.
Alphaman
too bad that the DFAM doesn't have two trigger inputs per VCO, then it would be possible to me to play my DFAM and my Mother32 polyphonic (3 VCO's per voice) by the help of a Mutable Instruments Yarns MIDI interface that i get in a couple of days.
bmot
Alphaman wrote:
too bad that the DFAM doesn't have two trigger inputs per VCO, then it would be possible to me to play my DFAM and my Mother32 polyphonic (3 VCO's per voice) by the help of a Mutable Instruments Yarns MIDI interface that i get in a couple of days.

I’m using these with my DFAM, would this work for what you want to do?

Stacking cables
Alphaman
bmot wrote:
Alphaman wrote:

I’m using these with my DFAM, would this work for what you want to do?

Stacking cables

even with stacking cables you can't trigger each VCO independently. how should that work? i was talking about playing the Mother32's VCO and both DFAM VCO's threefold polyphonic. in other words, you need 3x Trig Inputs and of course a specific Module to do so, such as the Mutable Instruments Yarns, which offers 4 Gate/Trig & 4 CV Outputs (4x Polyphonic).
seta666
I like sequencing it with the sq1 and using the internal sequencer for cv modulation. It is my bestsounding synth but truth said if I had to buy it again I would go for a Model D plus SQ1, way more powerful combo I would say.
luketeaford
Alphaman wrote:

The trigger input is not related to the VCOs except that it opens the pitch, filter, and amp envelopes. You could make that setup polyphonic with DFAM and M32 by routing one of DFAM's oscillators to the M32 mixer patched as a VCA. You'd still be one envelope short, so you'd have to do with a gate envelope or let it drone or something. Perhaps you can generate an envelope with MIDI and bring that in? thumbs up
fattyparts
is there a quick and easy way to reset DFAM's sequencer to step one?
Tumulishroomaroom
fattyparts wrote:

Not if you clock it. Otherwise there's the moog method :

fattyparts
Tumulishroomaroom wrote:
fattyparts wrote:

Not if you clock it. Otherwise there's the moog method :

yep, i'm driving it with the rest of my rig. although not being able to reset it leads to interesting results, it's a faff getting it to trigger from the 1st desired step
Alphaman
luketeaford wrote:
Alphaman wrote:

The trigger input is not related to the VCOs except that it opens the pitch, filter, and amp envelopes. You could make that setup polyphonic with DFAM and M32 by routing one of DFAM's oscillators to the M32 mixer patched as a VCA. You'd still be one envelope short, so you'd have to do with a gate envelope or let it drone or something. Perhaps you can generate an envelope with MIDI and bring that in? thumbs up

i understand. i tried that today, but with little to no success. i even had a hard time to play the internal OSC's quadraphonic, because every OSC has its own Audio output. i sold my Erica Synths Stereo Mixer a few weeks ago and i don't have the possibillity anymore to mix 2 audio sources. maybe 3 sources maximum with a trick^^
Zerius
Someone knows where I could purchase EU adapters for my DFAM PSU ? Only got UK and US adapter switches at the moment
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 [all]
Page 26 of 26