Troubleshooting field kit build

Discussion and support for KOMA Elektronik effects pedals, eurorack gear and all the other stuff we do...

Moderators: Kent, osterchrisi

theantiroman
Common Wiggler

Troubleshooting field kit build

Post by theantiroman » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:22 pm

I need some help figuring out what I did wrong. Kit powers on but the envelope stays activated/ channels three/four on the mixer seem defunct?

Also I’m worried that other shit isn’t acting correctly but I’m not sure where to start or if there is a checklist to make sure it’s working properly.

I’ll post more info when I break it out. Thanks.

pseudopatch
Learning to Wiggle

Post by pseudopatch » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:48 pm

hey there,

did you get your field kit working?

if no, share some close-up pics of the board.

good luck :bang:

1n
Wiggling with Experience

Mixer channel 1 - no signal

Post by 1n » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:58 am

I necro'd this thread to ask about this...

Mixer channel 1 isn't allowing a signal in/out. This occurs most of the time since using it yesterday. After a year of happy wiggling.

I haven't dismantled the box because I'm not familiar with PCBs and components. I can solder.

What should I be looking for?

How to trouble shoot this problem?

whyterabbyt
Common Wiggler

Re: Mixer channel 1 - no signal

Post by whyterabbyt » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:21 pm

1n wrote:I necro'd this thread to ask about this...

Mixer channel 1 isn't allowing a signal in/out. This occurs most of the time since using it yesterday. After a year of happy wiggling.
Interesting, mine has done the same thing in roughly the same period of time. I keep meaning to email Koma about it but I havent yet; mine was a 'kit' version, so I was going to touch up the soldering first to see if that fixed it.
"Did I spend $3000 on a modular synth just to later find out it's made with a bunch of digital junk? Isn't integrated circuits basically a digital component? How analog is my ANALOG modular synth, really? I feel betrayed right now"

1n
Wiggling with Experience

Post by 1n » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:04 pm

I had stuff in storage till recently during and after moving house.

Finally took the front panel off yesterday and inspected the board. I was preparing to re-solder, but can't locate any likely fault. Given that this was a factory-made unit, I'm going to mail Koma and wait for an answer.

They were very helfpul and I'm happy with service and functioning of my 3 Koma products - FK, FKFX and Kommander (excellent for subtle modulation).

I'll post here when I get a reply.

whyterabbyt
Common Wiggler

Post by whyterabbyt » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:37 pm

1n wrote:I had stuff in storage till recently during and after moving house.
Hmmm, weird. Mine was boxed for most of the time too, discovered the problem when I set it back up again.
"Did I spend $3000 on a modular synth just to later find out it's made with a bunch of digital junk? Isn't integrated circuits basically a digital component? How analog is my ANALOG modular synth, really? I feel betrayed right now"

whyterabbyt
Common Wiggler

Post by whyterabbyt » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:07 pm

Did you ever get anywhere with resolving that?

Return to “KOMA Elektronik”