MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Can i use es-5, with es-3 for drumrack in ableton?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author Can i use es-5, with es-3 for drumrack in ableton?
r3x
Currently have es-3, and es-6.

Ive tried to use the es-3 to output drum triggers, so i can use a drumrack in ableton, to control my drums in the eurorack - cant get this to work.

Online tutorial, shows es-4 doing so with expander.

Is this possible with es-3, and if so how (one example please) - or can i do it with the ES-5 - and if so, how (one example please)

I really want to go ahead and order this and set it up, but ill wait till i know if its doable and how!
ipassenger
Never quite managed this either, so joining thread in case anyone provides an answer. smile
CopperHydra
Yes. The ES5 can be used with the drum rack by way of the ES5 controller in silent way.

As for getting gates from your ES3 directly, I'm unaware of any methods since I do not own as es3 and can't test but os said "
With the right settings, before calibration, triggering the Voice Controller should just give you a gate signal on ADAT/ES-3 channel 2, and nothing on channel 1" in another post so try fiddling with your software

do you know for sure that the software isn't sending gates/triggers to the es3?

Are you using silent way?
ipassenger
How do you setup the es5 controller with the drum racks, so you could have say 8 different drum pads aligned to the 8 es5 outputs.

I can get gates out of the es5 and use it for midi control and clock signal stuff but never managed to get it setup right with the drum racks.

Cheers
CopperHydra
http://vimeo.com/30015330

Treat the ES-5 Controller plugin the same as the ES-4 Controller where Os uses it in his video. Should work just the same, but I don't have an es-5 yet so I can't test this. Still have my ES-4 though.
ipassenger
cheers smile i think it might be the utility machine bit i was missing!
os
r3x wrote:
Ive tried to use the es-3 to output drum triggers, so i can use a drumrack in ableton, to control my drums in the eurorack - cant get this to work.

This is possible.
- make a track for each trigger output and put SW Trigger on it. Set them to different MIDI notes.
- make a drum rack and put some dummy Simplers on the MIDI notes you used above.
- route the MIDI out of the drum rack and into all the SW Trigger tracks.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1