MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

EHX Superego Plus
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author EHX Superego Plus
thevegasnerve
not sure if this has been talked about. the ability to make chords (sort of) with a mono synth looks cool. Really, just the amount of control over the freeze function makes it a winner to me.

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2017/10/17/electro-harmonix-superego -multi-effects-pedal-hands-on-demo/ via @Synthtopia
Futuresound
Superego is awesome, and the new effects make this version really powerful.

But I can't believe they released a 'plus' version without a trigger input d'oh!

I guess EHX is just truly, deeply dedicated to the guitar market over anything else.
thevegasnerve
I actually fried my EHX Memory Boy pedal by putting CV into the expression input. Real bummer, my fault though.. I like this particular pedal just for freezing/layering a synth, or maybe placing on the aux send of my mixer. Don't have a proper freeze pedal at the moment.
Granny
thevegasnerve wrote:
I actually fried my EHX Memory Boy pedal by putting CV into the expression input. Real bummer, my fault though.. I like this particular pedal just for freezing/layering a synth, or maybe placing on the aux send of my mixer. Don't have a proper freeze pedal at the moment.

how did you do that, if i may ask? i tried my EHX memory boy with my 0 coast the other day. still alive
thevegasnerve
Really not sure what I had specifically connected, but I suspect that I had the Mother32 running through it. All of a sudden it went dead. Figured i should have attenuated the signal. Never had issue before though. Pretty sure it was the Mother though..
Granny
hmm, thats horrible. now im afraid. yeah i think it doesn't like more then 5v and the 0 coast can spit +8v

i should be more careful
r05c03
Futuresound wrote:
Superego is awesome, and the new effects make this version really powerful.

But I can't believe they released a 'plus' version without a trigger input d'oh!

I guess EHX is just truly, deeply dedicated to the guitar market over anything else.

I think you can send a trigger in on the plus. From the manual.

USING EXTERNAL CLOCK TRIGGER WITH A ¼” TS CABLE
You can also use a clock signal to trigger the Superego+ BYPASS function. Connect the clock signal to the TIP of the EXT Jack. Each negative-going clock signal present at the TIP connection is equivalent to pressing the BYPASS footswitch. The nominal amplitude for the clock signal is 0V to 5V. The Superego+ is triggered by the falling edge of the clock signal.
r05c03
I have a superego+. It is pretty cool. I am currently using it make a ukulele sound like a synth (yeah, I know. Long story, stubborn collaborator). It does a great job in this respect.
Futuresound
^^^ that's close, but what I want is to trigger the freeze function while in Latch mode.

Luckily, there's a mod to do so for the non-plus Superego (http://nightmachines.tv/post/94563795754/superego-gate-input), but it just seems like such an obvious addition, to my synth-addled brain anyway.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1