MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

The Wigglers @ Soundcloud: Who will take over the group?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author The Wigglers @ Soundcloud: Who will take over the group?
LDT
I have been non-present here as well as at Soundcloud for a long time now. Who will moderate the group? Unfortunately moderation is needed to keep the group 100% modular. So far it is a fine collection of 211 modular tracks.
It is really VERY little work, but I keep forgetting to do it.
tIB
Id be happy to do it.
parasitk
Can it have a couple people?
dude
yeah i would also be happy to help as i am up there every day almost! that reminds me i need to submit an handful of demos to the group.
LDT
You three gentlemen have now been appointed moderators!
Thanks.
parasitk
Thank you, sir! w00t
dude
w00t

so what do we do exactly? lol
parasitk
dude wrote:
w00t

so what do we do exactly? lol

Delete tra...I mean APPROVE tracks that are modular friendly! hihi
dude
lol, ah just went and figured it out. i added a bunch of milli vanilli. thats what were supposed to do right?

g-g-g-girl u kno its tru

oh and some color me badd as well
dude
they did all that shit on modularz yo
tIB
Word! Nice one chaps.

in terms of moderation I do the elektron group by allowing everything and deleting the ones which arent suitable... could work here too maybe.
zerosum
Oh shit, I was supposed to be uploading modular only tracks? hmmm.....

Whoops, I did it wrong hihi I'm sorry d'oh!
parasitk
zerosum wrote:

Personally I don't think it should be modular only, but tracks should feature a bit of modular! Otherwise we'd never have a track that has a drum machine on it (or any poly-pads), which seems kind of silly.
tIB
parasitk wrote:

Personally I don't think it should be modular only, but tracks should feature a bit of modular! Otherwise we'd never have a track that has a drum machine on it (or any poly-pads), which seems kind of silly.

I agree!
dude
absolutely. if modular enters than it is fair game in mah boook
rezzn8r
u guyz rawk! SlayerBadger!
MrBiggs
I'd also encourage (*cough cough*) songs added to the group to kind of describe what it is that's making and modulating what we're hearing. There's nothing worse than a file called "modular drone" with no description.

Well, okay, hurricanes and sickness. And divorce. But otherwise nothing.

And I second the emotion of a Wiggler group being more open than merely modulars. I mean, if you're a Wiggler and you're posting to the Wiggler group, there's probly a reason that this song is being posted. I read as much about Machinedrums here as Modulars.

Awesomeness.
dan_p
parasitk wrote:
zerosum wrote:

Agree, but in the same breath it would be a bummer if we had a load of tunes put up that were created inside a computer sequencer with a shed load of plug ins but were allowed because they had a "wibble" sound from the modular in them.
giorgio
i am new here how do i make wibble sound with modular plz
negativspace
Simple, just patch your VCOs through the wibbulator and you're good to go.
dude
one thing to consider, is that i doubt there is a huge subset of people aware of and actively posting to the wiggler soundcloud who don't understand that this is a modular related community and want to post non-modular related sounds. i could be wrong on that though and people might be posting milli vanilli and shit and color me badd and shit and other shit and shit.
dan_p
negativspace wrote:
Simple, just patch your VCOs through the wibbulator and you're good to go.

Damn you, now I have no secrets!
negativspace
Shit, I'm sorry... I thought everyone knew about the wibbulator. seriously, i just don't get it
parasitk
dan_p wrote:
Agree, but in the same breath it would be a bummer if we had a load of tunes put up that were created inside a computer sequencer with a shed load of plug ins but were allowed because they had a "wibble" sound from the modular in them.

I disagree.

I know the community is generally about modulars (and cats), but often folks here use all kinds of other tools, including software and digital hardware synths. Personally I think it should be looked at as "music/sounds from the community on muffwiggler.com" rather than "tracks only with modular synths".

Otherwise, screw calling it "The Wigglers". Let's just call the group "tracks with modular synths only".

Just my take on things...

//Chris
Babaluma
i agree with you chris, it should be community music, and how it was made should have no bearing.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2