MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Intellijel Cases Soft Bags Available in EU!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Intellijel Cases Soft Bags Available in EU!
Hallmar
Hi guys,

Danjel pointed me to Signal Sounds in Scotland and it appears that they have the 7U and 4U soft gig bags available. Wich is great for us EU customers, since shipping one bag from Canada is very expensive.

7U 104hp
7U 84hp
4U 104hp
peripatitis
wow this look very nice,
The price though is kind of steep!!
Hallmar
109$ directly from Intellijel. Then plus 95$ shipping
~200$ with shipping(then plus taxes) for one person.

I'd say 115 pounds is ok for it.
uebl
Damn, there's no teeny-tiny cute bag for their 4U case (yet?)..
Hallmar
uebl wrote:

Do you mean for the cases that are under 104hp?
peripatitis
Hallmar wrote:

I am not saying that the store is expensive i am saying that 115 pounds for such a product is very expensive and this is quite evident since shipping costs as much as the product..
uebl
Hallmar wrote:
uebl wrote:

Do you mean for the cases that are under 104hp?

Yes, specifically for the 42hp 4U case.
Hallmar
peripatitis wrote:
Hallmar wrote:

I am not saying that the store is expensive i am saying that 115 pounds for such a product is very expensive and this is quite evident since shipping costs as much as the product..

Ah, yeah, I kind of agree with you on that point.

I mean, a Gator bag that probably has the same material and about the same size is way cheaper. But that's made in huuuge quantities.

Don't know how many Intellijel stocked and these bags are SPECIFICALLY made for these cases so they're kind of(?) boutique.
intellijel
The most expensive bag is the 7U x 104hp which is $109 MSRP and converts to 82GBP. 115GBP probably factors in VAT and shipping costs to get it to the shop. No way to get around that if you live in the EU.

The bags are light but they are relatively large to ship (bigger than a case) so shipping them outside of North America can get pricey.

The best thing to do is order them with a case (if you order from our shop) since the combined shipping cost is almost the same as buying just the case on its own. Or order them with other modules and things that can be put inside the bag.

I wish Eurorack dealers would order large item things like bags and cases and then ship by boat. This shipping costs would be dramatically lower and they would get better volume pricing from us/manufacturers. The only downside is that shipping time would be about 1 month so it is best of the plan orders per quarter and treat this as something they keep in inventory instead of just ordering on an as needed per customer basis.

On our end we have to plan for lead times of 3-6 months to get things like bags and we are ordering in relatively low volume.

They are 100% custom designs specifically made for our cases and with some unique features added. You can't really compare these to generic bags made in bulk.
Hallmar
intellijel wrote:

On our end we have to plan for lead times of 3-6 months to get things like bags and we are ordering in relatively low volume.

They are 100% custom designs specifically made for our cases and with some unique features added. You can't really compare these to generic bags made in bulk.

Exactly. It's like when people compare the prices for a record player in Costco compared to a local electronics store.
Costco buys tens of thousands of record players and the local electronics store(wich always has better customer service) only keeps about 10, maybe.

So it's not a fair comparison, I know.
drowld
I wonder if it fits the tiptop mantis w00t
drxcm
can someone post a photo of the interior of the bag please?
Hallmar
drxcm wrote:
can someone post a photo of the interior of the bag please?

If someone doesn't do it before me then I'll post the interior as soon as i get it.
s.l.o.w
Shipping costs to the EU may be unfortunate, but FWIW I've just taken delivery of this bag (in the US) and find it to be very good quality and pretty inexpensive (considering how much money we all spend on other Eurorack gear). I'm delighted to have a bag that fits the 7U case exactly, instead of looking for some compromise (like what, a mixer bag?) that wouldn't fit as well, and might not even be any cheaper.
Tumulishroomaroom
Very interested in the bag too, I though that the price in $ wasn't expensive at all (good bags/backpacks are expensive); I hadn't considered the shipping costs though.

Living in Paris and taking my case at least once a week in the metro I will definitely get one of these soon... It will save me some stress issues...
uebl
drowld wrote:
I wonder if it fits the tiptop mantis w00t

There is a travel case specifically designed for the tiptop mantis: https://www.schneidersladen.de/en/tiptop-audio-travel-bag.html
nearly ghost
Very nice
Hallmar
Here's my case inside the 104hp bag.
HUGE frontpocket. Wich will be great for jack cables.

Tumulishroomaroom
Nice, thank you !
djthopa
I got one bag for one of my 7u cases arriving tomorrow!

Thanks to @signalsounds!
Armstrb
I got a 7U Stealth case and bag the other day. They are really nice.
Estes
guys! thanks for this one!

cheers
Mario
f33d
what are the dimensions of the 7U 104hp gig bag?
didn't find it on the intellijel page.
Hallmar
f33d wrote:
what are the dimensions of the 7U 104hp gig bag?
didn't find it on the intellijel page.

Did a quick and dirty measurement:
63 x 37 x 14.5 centimeters(inside)
Just add around 3cm to each of those to get the outside diameter.

Maybe Intellijel chips in to give the 'official' measurements. Atleast this gives you a rought idea.
scottmfr
Hey guys,

Just did a quick measurement of the exterior of the two bags with cases inside. Of course if you have a bunch of accessories stuffed into the front and back pockets it will balloon it out a few inches.

84HP
19.5" x 15" x 7"

104HP
23.5"x 15.5" x 7"

Also this video gives a good look at the various gig bags if you haven't seen it already:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqk2cGjpcWg
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2