MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

DOD Rubberneck BBD delay with tap tempo
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author DOD Rubberneck BBD delay with tap tempo
Jason Brock
After many years of patiently waiting I finally got a Malekko 919 delay pedal! It says "DOD Rubberneck" on it, but still, it has all the features I wanted (plus more) and sounds excellent.

smetak
Wow! 1.5 seconds of analogue delay! Quite impressive!
Jason Brock
smetak wrote:
Wow! 1.5 seconds of analogue delay! Quite impressive!

Yeah, I'm kind of surprised at the clarity they were able to squeeze out at that range. It uses 4 chips, I think they are Cool Audio 3205. I'll try to make a demo later.
smetak
I recently sent my Tonal Recall for the "Red kob" modification - they were able to update the delay from the original 540 msc. to 1.1 sec, which, from what I understand, is quite a challenge - 1.5 is truly amazing!
Jason Brock
Here's my decidedly non-guitar demo:
GuyaGuy
Jason Brock wrote:
Here's my decidedly non-guitar demo:

w00t
ben_hex
The delay sounds great, long time, tapable ... wonder why we’re not seeing more of them out in the wild.
Christopher Winkels
I'm guessing it has something to do with the price.

They go for a not insubstantial $355 here in Canada, which puts them firmly into boutique territory.

Don't get me wrong, DOD has been crushing it for the last few years. Even their cheap pedals like the 201 and 250 reissues are fantastic. But a $355 pedal is not a casual purchase for most people.
ben_hex
Christopher Winkels wrote:
I'm guessing it has something to do with the price.

They go for a not insubstantial $355 here in Canada, which puts them firmly into boutique territory.

Don't get me wrong, DOD has been crushing it for the last few years. Even their cheap pedals like the 201 and 250 reissues are fantastic. But a $355 pedal is not a casual purchase for most people.

Yeah it'll be that. I hadn't looked at price. They're about £210 here in the UK.
5cr33nager
The go for $250 new in the states. I dig mine.
chvad
I recently grabbed a display Rubberneck and I gotta say.. this thing does sound great. A little picky with the power supply (didnt like my 1-spot) but played perfect with my voodoo labs power 2 plus.

The delay is voiced really well with a large useable range.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1