MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

STG Envelope Generators visible on horizon
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author STG Envelope Generators visible on horizon
robotmakers
http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2017/10/24/suit-tie-guy-previews-the -worlds-most-advanced-adsr/
Eric the Red
I saw that, it looks pretty cool
defutura
Yes! I've been waiting for this one to appear. hyper
johny_gtr
it will be interesting to hear some demos. After this, I can decide will be perfect filler for the last space in my modular MU system or not)
alternating.bit
johny_gtr wrote:
for the last space in my modular MU system or not)

There's no such thing. lol
johny_gtr
alternating.bit wrote:
johny_gtr wrote:
for the last space in my modular MU system or not)

There's no such thing. lol

Agreed, but for now I have only space in 4 cases portable system. After I will find something new I will craft and start filling new case.
cornutt
This is pretty cool. I made a promise to myself that I'm not buying anything else until I finish my new case. But I might make an exception... applause
mutierend
I preordered one.
cupperwear
dotcom env++ vs STG

strong opinions in either direction?
Just me
STG. It does something I want that no other envelope does. It also ties to the sync bus. With the sidecar everything is cv-able.
tehfizzle
mutierend wrote:
I preordered one.

How did you do that? I tried emailing stg, but don’t see a preorder option on the website.
Dr Gris
Add to cart...

//M
Rex Coil 7
tehfizzle wrote:
mutierend wrote:
I preordered one.

How did you do that? I tried emailing stg, but don’t see a preorder option on the website.

Getting ahead .... It ain't what you know, it's who you know.

nanners
johny_gtr
Just me wrote:
STG. It does something I want that no other envelope does. It also ties to the sync bus. With the sidecar everything is cv-able.

It's interesting how trapezoid and pyramid are usable and different with classic ADSR. In terms of sound, not on oscilloscope
defutura
johny_gtr wrote:
After this, I can decide will be perfect filler for the last space in my modular MU system or not)

Make that, last two spaces --- I didn't even know about the sidecar! woah eek! love

I just preordered ... one E.G. with extra everything, to go.

I'm already pining for the British Oscillators. I want my system to be all STG. Suit And Tie Guy!
suitandtieguy
hey guys, sorry i haven't been around lately. there was the MW server issues, and Knobcon, and a close friend of mine (DJ Frowntown) died ... i haven't been "getting social" too much online right now.

i've been working. ars longa, vita brevis.

anyway, for those inthread who have placed their order already, thank you!

this EG is a vital part of my system concept, and it's been a long road. i am so happy we are at this point now.

i made a couple of short videos showing the dual-output traces from the EG on my scope. they are on my instagram page:

https://www.instagram.com/stgsoundlabs/

also here's a pic for the thread:

does anyone have any questions i could answer for them?
Eric the Red
That is a feature dense Module. I do like the nice clean look of it, even with all of the controls it doesn’t look confusing.
Just me
An in depth discussion of usage the sync mode would be nice.
kindredlost
Pre-ordered with sidecar. I want lots of these but for now one set will do nicely. I’ve been waiting for this for quite a while and am very pleased it is coming to market. Well done Suit!
PrimateSynthesis
Does the Fire button shoot flames? SlayerBadger!
johny_gtr
suitandtieguy wrote:
hey guys, sorry i haven't been around lately. there was the MW server issues, and Knobcon, and a close friend of mine (DJ Frowntown) died ... i haven't been "getting social" too much online right now.

i've been working. ars longa, vita brevis.

anyway, for those inthread who have placed their order already, thank you!

this EG is a vital part of my system concept, and it's been a long road. i am so happy we are at this point now.

i made a couple of short videos showing the dual-output traces from the EG on my scope. they are on my instagram page:

https://www.instagram.com/stgsoundlabs/

also here's a pic for the thread:

does anyone have any questions i could answer for them?

Dear Mr. STG,

are there any chances to listen some audio demos of your new product. It will be great!
kindredlost
I’m a little unsure I know what the “E” control input on the sidecar is for. I am squinting at my tiny phone screen image trying to grog it all right now.
Dr Gris
Fantastic!!
So many STG modules on my radar but I had to buy a "new" car cry

//M
Rex Coil 7
kindredlost wrote:
I’m a little unsure I know what the “E” control input on the sidecar is for. I am squinting at my tiny phone screen image trying to grog it all right now.
Sidecar?
suitandtieguy
Rex Coil 7 wrote:
Sidecar?

and to answer the question, E Gate is high whenever the envelope is in "Hold" mode and in the sustain portion of the contour. these gates allow you to fire off auxilliary envelopes at certain stages to accomodate more complex envelope shapes or other timbre events if so desired.

for example, maybe you want to have vibrato only after the AD section of the sound, but you also want to control AD time with velocity CV. there's no way to do that easily without a second voltage controlled EG to control the delayed vibrato. this makes patches like that much easier.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3