MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

How about the Hanz Zimmer Masterclass?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Author How about the Hanz Zimmer Masterclass?
FrogStar
I saw the post about the Deadmou5 master class and felt inspired to as about the Zimmer class. I have a strong interest in that one. Anyone take it?
facklr
FrogStar wrote:
I saw the post about the Deadmou5 master class and felt inspired to as about the Zimmer class. I have a strong interest in that one. Anyone take it?

I did. It's great! I enjoyed just watching it, and found him very inspiring.

If you like the trailer, the class is like a long extended version of the trailer. The tone and pacing is good, he is engaging, and the sessions are just about the right length.

He doesn't get SUPER in depth--but I don't think that is the point of the MC series. He is very anecdotal though, in a really great way.
tross
Yes, i think whole point of this series is giving you a bite of inspiration not detailed instructions on how to became a great composer or actor. It's more like a mix of interview and some basicrules.
FrogStar
Awesome thanks
rishin
Anyone have a link to that Hans Zimmer master class?
noisejockey
I enjoyed it like I enjoyed a documentary. I didn't get TONS of useful learnings from it. He is entertaining to listen to, and there were some interesting workflow and expressivity ideas. I felt like I got my money's worth. But there were no tutorials, no actual breakdowns end-to-end of cues. I suppose I'd have preferred more explicit examples than broad approach discussions.

Of course, that's just me. Maybe as a designer I already am pretty comfortable with the nuances of working with clients, getting at the vision/gestalt/core of a narrative. If you are a musician first and foremost and the idea of composing for someone else as a client, and composing to a story, is brand new, I would argue it's well worth your time.
cv_rave_on
I would love to watch it but it's too much money for me.
djbuzzard
rishin wrote:
Anyone have a link to that Hans Zimmer master class?

Bump for a link
Koekepan
Link as per request:

https://www.masterclass.com/classes/hans-zimmer-teaches-film-scoring

Hans spends more time on the big picture, dealing with directors, dealing with producers, figuring out how to communicate things musically than dealing with nitty-gritty stuff like spotting cues.

This is, in my book, a good thing. The detail is better documented in most places.
mattrobertson
I watched it all and thought it was great. As Koekepan said - more about bigger picture stuff, but I think this is good. He comes across very will I think.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Page 1 of 1