MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Buchla Tsnm - touch sensing note memory
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author Buchla Tsnm - touch sensing note memory
beautyofdecay_
Laughing wrote:
Also, how have people been doing the Dot Matrix displays? Do you make them flush with the board or try and bring them up as close under the panel as possible?

I lifted them as high as possible from the PCB so there was just enough pin length left on the solder side to be able to solder them. Worked perfectly for me.

Here is a picture of how my build looks like. The distance from the LED matrix to the panel is about 2-3 mm.

I will change the 1k8 current limiting resistors (R30, R31) for the 2 white LEDs however (I used Mouser 593-VAOL-3MWY4). They are too bright for my taste.
beautyofdecay_
Laughing wrote:
Quick fix implemented!

Heheh, well done.
Does is still fit in a boat with power distro board?
Pailo
Just bought the 4u kit and cannot wait. looks like fun.
jimfowler
I used the Adafruit boards on both of my builds because I didn't feel like waiting 5 years to get them from China (I'm still waiting on a few sets I ordered 3 months ago and have since given up). Not Doboz's fault...he did specify the eBay part, not the Adafruit one. Anyhow, all you have to do is use short pieces of wire instead of header pins and it still sits nearly as flush. Like this:

Laughing
beautyofdecay_
It's still thinner than my 208p, so I'd gather that it's fine.

jimfowler
I should really get mine to look more like that, though, that's nice and clean. I just didn't want to desolder the socket and make a mess.
meatcliff
jimfowler wrote:
I used the Adafruit boards on both of my builds because I didn't feel like waiting 5 years to get them from China (I'm still waiting on a few sets I ordered 3 months ago and have since given up).

Just a heads up, there are a few US sellers on eBay. This arrived in a week: https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-MPR121-Breakout-V12-Capacitive-Touch-Sens or-Controller-Module-I2C-Keyboard/253505734760
benoitluxe
Hi everybody,

I’m finishing my TSNM built, everything works except the notes: they are stuck at -15V or +15V, depending on... something I don’t understand.

Anybody would have an idea about this problem?
pickleinn
benoitluxe wrote:
Hi everybody,

I’m finishing my TSNM built, everything works except the notes: they are stuck at -15V or +15V, depending on... something I don’t understand.

Anybody would have an idea about this problem?

Sounds like a short.....I had to use a resolver wick to clean up around the small stuff......even with a 10x I couldn't see it hmmm.....
beautyofdecay_
Finished my TSNM4U modules.
Easy build, easy calibration. Love this module.

A great addition to any Buchla system!

DrFunkenstein
Can someone tell where I can buy the kit in Europe: I have sent a message at doboz (to know if built unit were available) but I got no answer.
Best, Dr Funk
beautyofdecay_
I ordered them directly from Doboz.
It may take a couple of days for them to answer. Shipping was pretty fast.
DrFunkenstein
beautyofdecay_ wrote:
I ordered them directly from Doboz.
It may take a couple of days for them to answer. Shipping was pretty fast.

Thank you very much!
I need to calm down: I am really impatient: this module looks so fun...
Best,
Dr Funk
jimfowler
Regarding the rotary encoder: mine increments when turned counter clockwise and decrements when turned clockwise - in other words, the exact opposite of my 3U TSNM and illogical to me...but is this the way it's supposed to behave? Otherwise it's working flawlessly and I have tried reloading the firmware but no change.

- Jim
anto32
Here's the way to choose the encoder direction

jimfowler
...and I'm an idiot. RTFM!!! I promise I did read it...how I missed that crucial bit I do not know. Bad at reading?
anto32
Guess what! At first I skipped this information...
anto32
Also, on my builds I short the pins connecting the touchboard to the PCB in order to push the led matrix against the panel
Pailo
I forgot to cut the VIN from VUSB.
Is that a problem? I coded it already from the uploader HEX file.
Then I was just going to plug it in to the case...
gigasturtz
did everyone end up getting their orders/any news if there will be another run?
jimfowler
Pailo wrote:

Just don’t plug it in to program it while it’s powered by your case psu. The little card that came with your teensy explains it.
jimfowler
gigasturtz wrote:
did everyone end up getting their orders/any news if there will be another run?

I’d send a message to modular addict. That’s probably your best bet.
seeasound
Hello!

I have my TSNM 4U built(through a builder) and running. I notice with the sequencer and arp that it skips a beat or resets maybe once or twice a minute when clocked both internally and externally. I was told by the builder that this is the behaviour on all the modules that he has built and it is probably some firmware issue. Can some users confirm this?
cygmu
I haven't noticed any skipping on my two TSNMs.

They were both fairly touchy to begin with but after I tweaked the sensitivity calibration they've both been stable. I seem to recall that the solution in my case was to turn the sensitivity up rather than down, which surprised me.
seeasound
sensitivity?

That would be to do with the pressure right.
tarandfeathers
Pailo wrote:

It's not a problem unless you intend to flash the Teensy whilst the module is connected to a boat with the power on. I don't ever plan to do that so I didn't bother to cut that trace either.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 4 of 5