MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

**** Gleetchlab 4 *****
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author **** Gleetchlab 4 *****
Nelson Baboon
i'm in if you can save the current patch. often I'll play with something just before I go to bed, and then have to work the next day, and - similarly to a modular, just want to be able to get back where I left it.

if I cannot save at all, I won't buy. Otherwise, sure - it's fine and creative software (judging from previous versions)

hmmm: "Gleetchlab has 10 performance presets. Every set of 10 preset can be saved and recalled with a simple Json file with SAVE and LOAD button."
am I misinterpreting or does this mean that I can save my work?
mt3
Nelson Baboon wrote:
i'm in if you can save the current patch. often I'll play with something just before I go to bed, and then have to work the next day, and - similarly to a modular, just want to be able to get back where I left it.

if I cannot save at all, I won't buy. Otherwise, sure - it's fine and creative software (judging from previous versions)

hmmm: "Gleetchlab has 10 performance presets. Every set of 10 preset can be saved and recalled with a simple Json file with SAVE and LOAD button."

You can download it and try it out.
Looks like you can save presets. I'll try it out soon.
Nelson Baboon
mt3 wrote:
Nelson Baboon wrote:

You can download it and try it out.
Looks like you can save presets. I'll try it out soon.

that would be great. I'm presupposing that a demo version wouldn't allow you to save....

that's always been my gripe, as posted earlier. sounds like I'm going to have to buy.
Tobor
yes you have 10 presets and yes you can save in demo mode.
Demo mode only works for 8 minutes
Tobor
Moon Indigo wrote:
Can I un this as a VST or is it standalone only?

it's a DAW not a plugin smile
but you can use a virtual driver such as soundflower to go to your favourite DAW in.
Nelson Baboon
Tobor wrote:
yes you have 10 presets and yes you can save in demo mode.
Demo mode only works for 8 minutes

excellent. purchased.
Tobor
yay thanks!

MY ASS IS BLEEDING

https://giorgiosancristoforo.bandcamp.com/track/ooame-gleetchwerks
thelizard
This is excellent. I ran the demo once and purchased it the moment the timer ran out. Looking forward to exploring it more!
Tobor
v4.0.4 is out now

updated also the manual... check it out grin
Tobor
Tutorial 1: how to load data files such as jpg, pdf, tif, docs... and turn them into sound grin

mt3
Tobor wrote:
Tutorial 1: how to load data files such as jpg, pdf, tif, docs... and turn them into sound grin

Brutalful.
Bel rumore.
crawling wind
Hopefully, you have posted about this on KVR?
secretkillerofnames
Just bought this morning.
Haven't received a serial yet - it's manually generated I presume?

EDIT: just came through applause
Moon Indigo
This is great. Demo is a bit short, but I am impressed. Likely to buy. This is like an extreme digital noise playground.
Moon Indigo
Bought! Looking forward to serial smile
secretkillerofnames

Fitting nicely into my setup! SlayerBadger!
crawling wind
Payday - Purchased!
crawling wind
applause

secretkillerofnames wrote:

Tobor
secretkillerofnames wrote:

Great, thank you for posting a video!
I will share it on the gleetchlab facebook page, you are all invited to send me videos of your gleetchlab performances grin
Yasha
It's amazing to be able to hear the sound of plutonium resonators! However, I fear this may summon the black helicopters.
Tobor
Yasha wrote:
It's amazing to be able to hear the sound of plutonium resonators! However, I fear this may summon the black helicopters.

hehe
I tell you the story.
For some rare and exotic materials we asked some data to the faculty of physics, they kindly gave us the data, but the end of their mail was hilarious it was like:

"here is the data you asked about uranium an plutonium, however we are puzzled by the request, what are you going to do with that?"

And I answered "oh don't worry, we're making virtual musical instruments".
I can only imagine their face when they read it razz

It's pretty interesting to hear the differences between gold, uranium and plutonium... the higher is the atomic mass the higher is density, the lower will be frequencies... TAMS is a very interesting experiment, I've understood much more of acoustics with it than during my student days smile

I will develop more resonators and look for other strange materials.
Some experiments with diamond gave us poor results (diamond is the most rigid thing on earth, it vibrates with such a low number of modes)... i'll look more into gemstones...

If anybody is wondering why there is no wood the fact is that wood is an orthotropic material (i.e. it has different density on each axis) and for the time being I'm able to work only on isotropic ones (density is the same on every axes), also the density of wood is VERY complex and can't be physically modelled easely, it can only be approximate (lots of randomness in it), while the other materials you can use on TAMS are physically correct 100%.

i suggest to try Nylon as it sounds pretty close to Bamboo. Very musical!

Another interesting fact of TAMS module is that you may have noticed that the sounds are not correctly tuned. The C is not a real C at all, and it changes as you change resonator. That is because different materials means different speed of sound, therefore different wavelenghts. I decided not to tune by default the resonators (you can do it with the pitch bend slider). I like the idea that every material has its own musical tone.

grin
mt3
mckenic
Is it 10.9 and up only (main recording Mac is 10.8)?
Must try the demo on my laptop if so...
mt3
mckenic wrote:
Is it 10.9 and up only (main recording Mac is 10.8)?
Must try the demo on my laptop if so...

Yup.
Requirements: Apple Mac 2010 or newer, with OSX 10.9 or newer.
mckenic
thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 2 of 3