MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

**** Gleetchlab 4 *****
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 [all]
Author **** Gleetchlab 4 *****
secretkillerofnames
So MIDI is coming?
Being able to toggle recording into the buffers and control the mixer would be great and significantly reduce my R.S.I. smile
Tobor
secretkillerofnames wrote:
So MIDI is coming?
Being able to toggle recording into the buffers and control the mixer would be great and significantly reduce my R.S.I. smile

sure it's coming... you just need some patience, I'm coding also new objects for TAMS and a new module based on a new form of synthesis I have developed together with a friend mathematician
eircom
Tobor wrote:
Hurray folks!
Gleetchalb4 is out today. Price is 15,00 euros (17,50$)

Great news! One question — I own v3. The v3 serial won't work, right? I need to purchase a new one?

Thanks!
Tobor
eircom wrote:
Tobor wrote:
Hurray folks!

Great news! One question — I own v3. The v3 serial won't work, right? I need to purchase a new one?

Thanks!

Yes, G4 is a major version, written from scratch.
but it's cheap and It's peanut butter jelly time! supports my artistic activity. smile
eircom
Tobor wrote:
eircom wrote:
Tobor wrote:
Hurray folks!

Thanks!

Yes, G4 is a major version, written from scratch.
but it's cheap and It's peanut butter jelly time! supports my artistic activity. smile

Copy that sir, will purchase!
piearesquared
Been using G4 now since its release around mid-November and it's proving to be one of the most inspiring pieces of software that I have used in a very long time.

So far I have been using as a standalone DAW, just to try to understand its workflow and get a grasp of its functions and potential. I can safely say that I can probably make an album just using its built in sound generators and effects, Giorgio has done a great job with this.
Funky40
edit: i checked the manual, hope its solved now. sorry
edit2: i begin to understand wink it´s insane wink
Funky40
ok, i have some:

requests, respectivly questions:
the ability to save recordings as .wav not only .aiff.
If allready available, how can i get there ?

how do i setup a folder where recordings are saved so that this setting remains ?
i´d wish me here more infos in the Manual.
subbasshead
GLEETCHLAB X

http://www.giorgiosancristoforo.net/softwares/gleetchlabx/
yghartsyrt
Tobor wrote:
So MIDI is coming?

sure it's coming... you just need some patience, I'm coding also new objects for TAMS and a new module based on a new form of synthesis I have developed together with a friend mathematician
Funky40
Thanks for the headsup subbasshead.

seems i run into similar problems and questions in regards to the "save-reload process" as with the prevoious version: (running the full unlocked one)
so, i made now some tests bevore asking ( and went as much possible thru the manual the other day):

1. Is there an another way to save a whole "project" than whats shown in the "preset window" ?
I DO save my project and reload there. (press save button etc. )

what i dont have saved is:
my mixer-module settings !
my midi mapping !

(sidenotes: i can´t save anything from my macs "menubar" on top of the Screen. Also no shortcuts working.
Since i can´t make a "table of contents" to appear on my pdf manual i´ve might not read all corensponding parts.....)

is there anything i can do better when saving ?
is there a way to have this saved within a project ( .json file) ? (ie. mixer/module settings, midi mapping)
secretkillerofnames
MIDI mapping appears to be separate to the "Patch" saving.
You need to click "Write Mapping" in the top left to save and "Read Mapping" to load.
From my experience saving the patch only saves the loopers and the matrix.
Funky40

You need to click "Write Mapping" in the top left to save and "Read Mapping" to load.

ahh right ! i totally overlooked this one.

From my experience saving the patch only saves the loopers and the matrix.

ok, same as i experience.

hmmm.....

Thanky you, secretkillerofnames
mt3
subbasshead wrote:
GLEETCHLAB X

"Gleetchlab 4 owners who bought the software in 2019 are eligible for a free upgrade (write me)."
w00t
SlayerBadger!
yghartsyrt
mt3 wrote:
subbasshead wrote:
GLEETCHLAB X

"Gleetchlab 4 owners who bought the software in 2019 are eligible for a free upgrade (write me)."
w00t
SlayerBadger!

Gleetchlab 4 owners, who never received the promised updates and bought it before 2019, will need to buy the new version, though.... angry
Hougaard
yghartsyrt wrote:
mt3 wrote:
subbasshead wrote:
GLEETCHLAB X

w00t
SlayerBadger!

Gleetchlab 4 owners, who never received the promised updates and bought it before 2019, will need to buy the new version, though.... angry

+1
nangu
This looks fantastic!

However, I read something about the tuning in a previous version being deliberately arbitrary. Something about staying true to the idea of using elements of different density as resonators..

Can the current version be played as a normal pitched instrument without requiring a bunch of weird manual re-tuning?
mt3
yghartsyrt wrote:
mt3 wrote:
subbasshead wrote:
GLEETCHLAB X

w00t
SlayerBadger!

I'm dyslexic. I interpreted what I quoted as "owners of Gleetchlab 4 receive free upgrades to Gleetchlab 5 until the end of 2019".
d'oh!
secretkillerofnames
It costs fuck all though. Just get it if you're interested. seriously, i just don't get it
yghartsyrt
It costs fuck all though. Just get it if you're interested. seriously, i just don't get it

it sure does, but that's not the point. But i don't like being promised that features that were advertised for this version and were part of me being it, were not included and now I have to buy a new version. This way - the software doesn't cost 17 Euros but 17 Euros times two. And who knows, if all that's promised for gleetchlab x will be included. Maybe it will be part of gleetchlab XI, whoch will also only cost 17 euros.

It's just bad style.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 [all]
Page 3 of 3