MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

**** Gleetchlab 4 *****
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author **** Gleetchlab 4 *****
Tobor
Gleetchlab 4 is actually in beta (not public).
Official release November!

Website

Facebook group

Soundcloud

eircom
Tobor wrote:
Official release November!

Great news and great software!

I own the v3. Can't wait to try the 4.
dropthedyle
i'm uberexcited for this new version !
SlayerBadger! nanners
Tobor
thank you all.
v4 is exciting! it includes a full four voice TAMS (Tri axis modal synthesizer)

TAMS feature over 500 models and dozens of materials such as Aluminium, Ruby, Sapphire, Platinum, Uranium, Silver, Gold, Red Beryl, Iron, Aluminium, Stone, Marble, ABS, Nylon and much more... It is the best and most complete modal resonator available. And more is going to come in the next versions.

Looking for organic and hyper realistic sounds? have a listen to gleetchlab4 smile

[s]https://soundcloud.com/gleetchlab4/the-modal-sound[/s]

Moon Indigo
Wow that YouTube demo with the box is amazing. Is that just a contact mic, in an ordinary box, into Gleetchlab?
IMHUL
Is this MAC only?

Thanks!
astrodislocate
IMHUL wrote:
Is this MAC only?

Thanks!

Unfortunately, yeah most likely. He's always released them that way confused I really hope he'll decide to just release the Max patches in an obfuscated form some day
crawling wind
Want.
mt3
Moon Indigo wrote:
Wow that YouTube demo with the box is amazing. Is that just a contact mic, in an ordinary box, into Gleetchlab?

Link?
Moon Indigo
mt3 wrote:
Moon Indigo wrote:

Link?

https://youtu.be/sdNLpGiPvoU
Granny
the TAMS part sounds ace. Did u do that with the Modalys library?
Tobor
here I can answer your questions:

@Moon Indigo
It's a normal box with a contact mic routed in gleetchlab TAMS, but there is an external patch doing some gesture recon job on.
Gleetchlab for the moment does not do gesture recognition.

@astrodislocate
Mac only sorry

@astrodislocate
not going to happen sorry, I have no time to watch out for windows

@Granny
NO! TAMS is much more powerful than Modalys.
The library for TAMS is mine.
Granny
Tobor wrote:

@Granny

awesome work! i enjoyed "New Computer Music Resources", especially the second composition (II). found it some time ago, when making research about the topic. Can't wait for Gleetchlab 4
Tobor
Granny wrote:
Tobor wrote:

@Granny

awesome work! i enjoyed "New Computer Music Resources", especially the second composition (II). found it some time ago, when making research about the topic. Can't wait for Gleetchlab 4

yay thanks!
I'm building more resonators, for 4.1
but to start off you will have 500 of them smile
Tobor
Release should be next week on my website.
I'm writing the manual and doing final adjustments
Granny
Tobor wrote:
yay thanks!
I'm building more resonators, for 4.1
but to start off you will have 500 of them smile

woah …………hyper
Moon Indigo
I am really interested in this. I hope there will be a demo.
mt3
Price?
Tobor
Hurray folks!
Gleetchalb4 is out today. Price is 15,00 euros (17,50$)

http://www.giorgiosancristoforo.net/softwares/gleetchlab-4/
Funky40
edited my rant mode off oops

have you a Manual ? can´t see anything, sorry

it eats only .aif files ?
can you make it work also with .wav files please ?
Tobor
gleetchlab can load any sound file, from wav to mp3
the manual is in the zip file
Funky40
ok, thanks.
just edited out my rant bevore i saw your post jfyi
i couldn´t load any files......i´ll check
Tobor
1) turn on DSP
2) drag and drop a wav into a looper window
3) patch the matrix > looper 1, 2, 3... ecc to master out LR
4) read the manual
5) write me directly for problems with the software

thank you
Funky40
Thank You !
Thats doin it. i have the entry !
and one more time at muffs: SORRY, i´m an idiot......unfortunately zombie

thumbs up
Moon Indigo
Can I un this as a VST or is it standalone only?
Nelson Baboon
i'm in if you can save the current patch. often I'll play with something just before I go to bed, and then have to work the next day, and - similarly to a modular, just want to be able to get back where I left it.

if I cannot save at all, I won't buy. Otherwise, sure - it's fine and creative software (judging from previous versions)

hmmm: "Gleetchlab has 10 performance presets. Every set of 10 preset can be saved and recalled with a simple Json file with SAVE and LOAD button."
am I misinterpreting or does this mean that I can save my work?
mt3
Nelson Baboon wrote:
i'm in if you can save the current patch. often I'll play with something just before I go to bed, and then have to work the next day, and - similarly to a modular, just want to be able to get back where I left it.

if I cannot save at all, I won't buy. Otherwise, sure - it's fine and creative software (judging from previous versions)

hmmm: "Gleetchlab has 10 performance presets. Every set of 10 preset can be saved and recalled with a simple Json file with SAVE and LOAD button."

You can download it and try it out.
Looks like you can save presets. I'll try it out soon.
Nelson Baboon
mt3 wrote:
Nelson Baboon wrote:

You can download it and try it out.
Looks like you can save presets. I'll try it out soon.

that would be great. I'm presupposing that a demo version wouldn't allow you to save....

that's always been my gripe, as posted earlier. sounds like I'm going to have to buy.
Tobor
yes you have 10 presets and yes you can save in demo mode.
Demo mode only works for 8 minutes
Tobor
Moon Indigo wrote:
Can I un this as a VST or is it standalone only?

it's a DAW not a plugin smile
but you can use a virtual driver such as soundflower to go to your favourite DAW in.
Nelson Baboon
Tobor wrote:
yes you have 10 presets and yes you can save in demo mode.
Demo mode only works for 8 minutes

excellent. purchased.
Tobor
yay thanks!

MY ASS IS BLEEDING

https://giorgiosancristoforo.bandcamp.com/track/ooame-gleetchwerks
thelizard
This is excellent. I ran the demo once and purchased it the moment the timer ran out. Looking forward to exploring it more!
Tobor
v4.0.4 is out now

updated also the manual... check it out grin
Tobor
Tutorial 1: how to load data files such as jpg, pdf, tif, docs... and turn them into sound grin

mt3
Tobor wrote:
Tutorial 1: how to load data files such as jpg, pdf, tif, docs... and turn them into sound grin

Brutalful.
Bel rumore.
crawling wind
Hopefully, you have posted about this on KVR?
secretkillerofnames
Just bought this morning.
Haven't received a serial yet - it's manually generated I presume?

EDIT: just came through applause
Moon Indigo
This is great. Demo is a bit short, but I am impressed. Likely to buy. This is like an extreme digital noise playground.
Moon Indigo
Bought! Looking forward to serial smile
secretkillerofnames

Fitting nicely into my setup! SlayerBadger!
crawling wind
Payday - Purchased!
crawling wind
applause

secretkillerofnames wrote:

Tobor

Great, thank you for posting a video!
I will share it on the gleetchlab facebook page, you are all invited to send me videos of your gleetchlab performances grin
Yasha
It's amazing to be able to hear the sound of plutonium resonators! However, I fear this may summon the black helicopters.
Tobor
Yasha wrote:
It's amazing to be able to hear the sound of plutonium resonators! However, I fear this may summon the black helicopters.

hehe
I tell you the story.
For some rare and exotic materials we asked some data to the faculty of physics, they kindly gave us the data, but the end of their mail was hilarious it was like:

"here is the data you asked about uranium an plutonium, however we are puzzled by the request, what are you going to do with that?"

And I answered "oh don't worry, we're making virtual musical instruments".
I can only imagine their face when they read it razz

It's pretty interesting to hear the differences between gold, uranium and plutonium... the higher is the atomic mass the higher is density, the lower will be frequencies... TAMS is a very interesting experiment, I've understood much more of acoustics with it than during my student days smile

I will develop more resonators and look for other strange materials.
Some experiments with diamond gave us poor results (diamond is the most rigid thing on earth, it vibrates with such a low number of modes)... i'll look more into gemstones...

If anybody is wondering why there is no wood the fact is that wood is an orthotropic material (i.e. it has different density on each axis) and for the time being I'm able to work only on isotropic ones (density is the same on every axes), also the density of wood is VERY complex and can't be physically modelled easely, it can only be approximate (lots of randomness in it), while the other materials you can use on TAMS are physically correct 100%.

i suggest to try Nylon as it sounds pretty close to Bamboo. Very musical!

Another interesting fact of TAMS module is that you may have noticed that the sounds are not correctly tuned. The C is not a real C at all, and it changes as you change resonator. That is because different materials means different speed of sound, therefore different wavelenghts. I decided not to tune by default the resonators (you can do it with the pitch bend slider). I like the idea that every material has its own musical tone.

grin
mt3
mckenic
Is it 10.9 and up only (main recording Mac is 10.8)?
Must try the demo on my laptop if so...
mt3
mckenic wrote:
Is it 10.9 and up only (main recording Mac is 10.8)?
Must try the demo on my laptop if so...

Yup.
Requirements: Apple Mac 2010 or newer, with OSX 10.9 or newer.
mckenic
thumbs up
secretkillerofnames
So MIDI is coming?
Being able to toggle recording into the buffers and control the mixer would be great and significantly reduce my R.S.I. smile
Tobor
So MIDI is coming?
Being able to toggle recording into the buffers and control the mixer would be great and significantly reduce my R.S.I. smile

sure it's coming... you just need some patience, I'm coding also new objects for TAMS and a new module based on a new form of synthesis I have developed together with a friend mathematician
eircom
Tobor wrote:
Hurray folks!

Great news! One question — I own v3. The v3 serial won't work, right? I need to purchase a new one?

Thanks!
Tobor
eircom wrote:
Tobor wrote:
Hurray folks!

Great news! One question — I own v3. The v3 serial won't work, right? I need to purchase a new one?

Thanks!

Yes, G4 is a major version, written from scratch.
but it's cheap and It's peanut butter jelly time! supports my artistic activity. smile
eircom
Tobor wrote:
eircom wrote:
Tobor wrote:
Hurray folks!

Thanks!

Yes, G4 is a major version, written from scratch.
but it's cheap and It's peanut butter jelly time! supports my artistic activity. smile

Copy that sir, will purchase!
piearesquared
Been using G4 now since its release around mid-November and it's proving to be one of the most inspiring pieces of software that I have used in a very long time.

So far I have been using as a standalone DAW, just to try to understand its workflow and get a grasp of its functions and potential. I can safely say that I can probably make an album just using its built in sound generators and effects, Giorgio has done a great job with this.
Funky40
edit: i checked the manual, hope its solved now. sorry
edit2: i begin to understand wink it´s insane wink
Funky40
ok, i have some:

requests, respectivly questions:
the ability to save recordings as .wav not only .aiff.
If allready available, how can i get there ?

how do i setup a folder where recordings are saved so that this setting remains ?
i´d wish me here more infos in the Manual.
subbasshead
GLEETCHLAB X

http://www.giorgiosancristoforo.net/softwares/gleetchlabx/
yghartsyrt
Tobor wrote:
So MIDI is coming?

sure it's coming... you just need some patience, I'm coding also new objects for TAMS and a new module based on a new form of synthesis I have developed together with a friend mathematician
Funky40
Thanks for the headsup subbasshead.

seems i run into similar problems and questions in regards to the "save-reload process" as with the prevoious version: (running the full unlocked one)
so, i made now some tests bevore asking ( and went as much possible thru the manual the other day):

1. Is there an another way to save a whole "project" than whats shown in the "preset window" ?
I DO save my project and reload there. (press save button etc. )

what i dont have saved is:
my mixer-module settings !
my midi mapping !

(sidenotes: i can´t save anything from my macs "menubar" on top of the Screen. Also no shortcuts working.
Since i can´t make a "table of contents" to appear on my pdf manual i´ve might not read all corensponding parts.....)

is there anything i can do better when saving ?
is there a way to have this saved within a project ( .json file) ? (ie. mixer/module settings, midi mapping)
secretkillerofnames
MIDI mapping appears to be separate to the "Patch" saving.
You need to click "Write Mapping" in the top left to save and "Read Mapping" to load.
From my experience saving the patch only saves the loopers and the matrix.
Funky40

You need to click "Write Mapping" in the top left to save and "Read Mapping" to load.

ahh right ! i totally overlooked this one.

From my experience saving the patch only saves the loopers and the matrix.

ok, same as i experience.

hmmm.....

Thanky you, secretkillerofnames
mt3
subbasshead wrote:
GLEETCHLAB X

"Gleetchlab 4 owners who bought the software in 2019 are eligible for a free upgrade (write me)."
w00t
SlayerBadger!
yghartsyrt
mt3 wrote:
subbasshead wrote:
GLEETCHLAB X

"Gleetchlab 4 owners who bought the software in 2019 are eligible for a free upgrade (write me)."
w00t
SlayerBadger!

Gleetchlab 4 owners, who never received the promised updates and bought it before 2019, will need to buy the new version, though.... angry
Hougaard
yghartsyrt wrote:
mt3 wrote:
subbasshead wrote:
GLEETCHLAB X

w00t
SlayerBadger!

Gleetchlab 4 owners, who never received the promised updates and bought it before 2019, will need to buy the new version, though.... angry

+1
nangu
This looks fantastic!

However, I read something about the tuning in a previous version being deliberately arbitrary. Something about staying true to the idea of using elements of different density as resonators..

Can the current version be played as a normal pitched instrument without requiring a bunch of weird manual re-tuning?
mt3
yghartsyrt wrote:
mt3 wrote:
subbasshead wrote:
GLEETCHLAB X

w00t
SlayerBadger!

I'm dyslexic. I interpreted what I quoted as "owners of Gleetchlab 4 receive free upgrades to Gleetchlab 5 until the end of 2019".
d'oh!
secretkillerofnames
It costs fuck all though. Just get it if you're interested. seriously, i just don't get it
yghartsyrt
It costs fuck all though. Just get it if you're interested. seriously, i just don't get it

it sure does, but that's not the point. But i don't like being promised that features that were advertised for this version and were part of me being it, were not included and now I have to buy a new version. This way - the software doesn't cost 17 Euros but 17 Euros times two. And who knows, if all that's promised for gleetchlab x will be included. Maybe it will be part of gleetchlab XI, whoch will also only cost 17 euros.

It's just bad style.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 3